Posted on June 18, 2012
Center for Health Care Strategies
Center for Health Care Strategies - Program Coordinator
Company Description: The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS), a national nonprofit organization based near Princeton, New Jersey, works with state and federal agencies, Medicaid health plans, and providers to improve health care services for low-income populations and people with chronic illnesses and disabilities.
Position Overview: CHCS is seeking a dynamic and highly detail-oriented candidate to serve as a Program Coordinator for multiple projects in the Expanding Access to Coverage priority area. This position will perform the administrative tasks involved with various initiatives and will support mid- and senior-level professionals. The position reports to the Director of Coverage and Access.
- Program Administrative Support for Management and Program Staff
- Arrange appointments and scheduling of internal and external meetings, including virtual meetings.
- Draft and prepare meeting agendas and manage meeting follow-up as assigned.
- Manage travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries and expense reports for assigned staff.
- Maintain electronic and paper correspondence and contact information files.
- Modify PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Provide back up support to other administrative staff.
- Work with Travel and Conference Manager to coordinate internal and external CHCS meetings.
- Support the planning and execution of a series of site-visits, other events to convene and inform state executive level policymakers. This includes maintaining a list of completed events; scheduling planning meetings; compiling background materials; and facilitating the logistics of each event.
- Prepare and coordinate meeting materials including invitations, presentations, resource materials, and Access database-generated letters, name tags, tent cards, thank you notes, and any assigned meeting follow-up.
- Occasional domestic travel is required.
- Ability to demonstrate pleasant and helpful demeanor to internal staff and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently with little supervision and to work within a team.
- Ability to organize, plan and execute responsibilities across multiple projects within established timeframes and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of supervisory staff and respond appropriately.
- Mature, self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred.
- Some internship or other relevant work experience.
Salary and Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience; the benefit package is highly competitive.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no telephone inquiries.