Posted on January 17, 2013
Case Manager, Housing
Grace Church Community Center
Grace Church Community Center - Case Manager, Housing
- Engage clients on regular basis through home visits, office visits, and telephone contact.
- When necessary, accompany clients to doctor’s visits and to other service and entitlement offices.
- Perform psychosocial assessments to determine clients need for services and entitlements.
- Provide referrals to primary and specialist health care, mental health and substance abuse treatment, ICM and COBRA case management, benefit entitlements, nutritional support, legal services, and other community services.
- Attend and/or organize case conferences with clients and other agencies.
- Monitor clients’ abilities to meet financial obligations.
- Monitor clients’ needs for apartment services.
- Document and maintain client files.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor, or Director of Housing Services.
Five years work expereince in the human servcies field. A bachelor’s degree in a human services field, or a BSW. Strong verbal communication and writing skills, and an ability to manage client documentation. Working knowledge of mental health, HIV infection, domestic violence, fixed income, aging, and substance use issues. A valid NYS Driver’s License and Field Work experience is required. Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency). Familiarity with using AIRS preferred.
E-mail cover letter and resume applying for the position in MS Word to DAhmed@gcccares.org.