Posted on February 26, 2013
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Palo Alto Medical Foundation - Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) is a not-for-profit, community-based multi-specialty group practice of medicine. PAMF patients are cared for by the more than 1,000 physicians from the four historic medical groups affiliated with PAMF: Camino, Palo Alto, Santa Cruz and Mills-Peninsula. PAMF provides care to patients at its clinics and medical centers throughout Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties. Collectively, we do our utmost to enhance the well being of the people in our communities through compassion, excellence and innovation.
In this position, you will be responsible for corporate and foundation fundraising within the Peninsula Coastal Region (PCR) of Sutter Health. You will fundraise for PAMF campuses and Sutter Health’s new Mills-Peninsula Medical Center through the Mills-Peninsula Hospital Foundation and participate in a CFR team to build a robust corporate and foundation relations program to maximize support for the organization’s fundraising priorities. Particular emphasis will be placed on managing a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects by devising and implementing effective and creative strategies that lead to soliciting and securing a wide range of grants ($25,000+); writing highly competitive proposals explaining complex health care programs and/or capital projects and relating those programs to individual foundations and guidelines or the interest of corporations; conducting research on prospects to identify new prospects for PCR and to understand the current giv ing guidelines of existing prospect; tracking and reporting of grants; and developing and continuing strong relationships with corporate and foundation contacts. With the Regional Director and its team, you will also support the broad corporate and foundation development strategy for PCR.
To learn more about Palo Alto Medical Foundation and to apply online visit our website at: www.pamf.org (Job Number: PAMF-1302520). EOE M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus five years of advanced fundraising experience with emphasis on grant writing and major gift support.
- Corporate and Foundation Relations experience, specifically in health care environment.
- Knowledge of fundraising concepts, principles and practices with emphasis on foundation and corporate support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with volunteers, development staff, and clinical staff; work creatively and independently; manage multiple and prioritize projects; and meet deadlines.
- Experience working within a health care environment, and Bay Area foundation and corporate arena is preferred.