Posted on February 14, 2013
Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships
Mission Economic Development Agency
Mission Economic Development Agency - Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships
Mission Economic Development Agency - Building on its 39-year history, MEDA is advancing innovative approaches to asset development. Its efforts are focused on serving low-income, Spanish-speaking San Franciscans. Our direct service programs serve 6,000 individuals each year through homeownership counseling and foreclosure intervention, business development, digital literacy, workforce development, financial education and free tax preparation. We also devote resources to research and evaluation, community organizing and advocacy. In the process, MEDA is helping to develop best practices in the field.
In December 2012, MEDA was awarded a 5-year, $30 million implementation grant from the Department of Education to implement the Mission Promise Neighborhood, a neighborhood based effort to improve education and create family economic stability for in the Mission District through a cradle- to college- to career continuum of services. This initiative involves 26 community based organization partners, as well as City of San Francisco government agencies, the San Francisco Unified School District, and the Mayor’s Office of San Francisco as close collaborators in the implementation effort. MEDA is the lead agency, fiscal agent and project manager for the Mission Promise Neighborhood.
Job Description Overview – MEDA is seeking a highly motivated, effective, and experienced fundraiser for this position. The Senior Development Officer-Corporate Partnerships will play an important role in building the sustainability of the Mission Promise Neighborhood. Specifically, this position will be focused on partnership development with corporate sector, targeting large corporations, corporate foundations, mid-size corporations, and the technology sector, prospect research, strategic planning for sustainability, and fundraising for the Mission Promise Neighborhoods effort. While focused on corporate funding, this position may also include fund development with individuals, foundations and government agencies both locally in the Bay Area, and nationwide. This position will be supervised by MEDA’s Director of Development.
The Senior Development Officer-Corporate Partnerships responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Fundraising & Corporate Partnership Development
- Research companies in the Bay Area and nationwide, and create and implement strategic plan to build funding relationships with the Mission Promise Neighborhood
- Identify and continuously update comprehensive prospects list for corporate donors; make initial introductions with corporations and corporate foundations and perform research through internet, phone, and in person opportunities
- Cultivate and solicit corporate prospects for support
- Write grants, letters of inquiry, sponsorship letters, and other solicitations for funding.
- Work collaboratively with MPN partners on specific grant requests
- As part of the development team, contribute to the design and implementation of foundation, corporate, and individual donor fundraising effort
- Working with the Volunteer Manager, create pathways for company employees to become involved in the Mission Promise Neighborhood through volunteerism, in-kind donations, sponsorships and other avenues
- Contribute to implementation of all strategies for all fund development efforts to support the organization's general operations and the Mission Promise Neighborhood
- Develop and enhance MEDA’s relationships with key constituencies via networking, public speaking, and other relationship-building activities
- Contribute to grants management activities, ensuring outcomes and deliverables are met in tandem with program staff
- Work closely with finance staff to ensure reconciliation of all contributed income and tracking of revenue, pledges and gifts.
Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with successful track record of raising funds, demonstrated through listing of successful grants with donor and amount.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, demonstrated through completion of an on-site writing test.
- Substantial experience designing and implementing comprehensive fundraising plans for a variety of funding streams including major gifts, corporate, foundation, government and annual giving
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage staff and board in solicitation and cultivation activities.
Demonstrated ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear written and verbal communications.
Strong presentation skills.
The ability to develop and understand program and organizational budgets.
Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in and knowledge of the corporate giving sector required
- Experience working in low income communities of color a plus.
- Past experience with sales and marketing a plus.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
MEDA offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is determined based on qualifications and experience.
If interested, please send your resume, writing sample, and list of grants (amount and funder) that you successfully won to:firstname.lastname@example.org