Posted on January 23, 2013
Clients Rights Advocate
Disability Rights California
Disability Rights California - Clients Rights Advocate
MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Join a progressive state-wide non-profit disability advocacy organization that is committed to the fight for the legal and human rights of people with disabilities. Disability Rights California is contracted with the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to provide Clients’ Rights Advocacy services to Regional Center clients throughout California. There is one opening for a Clients Rights Advocate for the Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center in Los Angeles. This is an excellent opportunity to do legal work that truly makes a difference. We offer excellent benefits and great work environment!
The following qualifications must be met:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a four-year college degree. To be hired as a CRA III, you must be a member of the CA State Bar.
- Two years or more of paid or voluntary working experience as an advocate within a social, human service, government, legal or health care environment.
- Knowledge of the legal, civil and service rights of persons with developmental disabilities in California.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently and communicate effectively in English, including a working knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative solutions.
- Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons with disabilities.
- Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic communities.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and ability and willingness to drive (unless a disability-related accommodation is required and can reasonably be granted.)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so by February 1, 2013. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit www.disabilityrightsca.org/jobs/jobs.htm
NO RECRUITERS OR STAFFING AGENCIES