Posted on August 31, 2012
Resource Development Manager
Food Bank Council of Michigan
Food Bank Council of Michigan - Resource Development Manaager
The Food Bank Council of Michigan provides statewide leadership to members in their efforts to alleviate hunger through the distribution of surplus food to those in need.
Strengthened by strategic alliances and resources, the Food Bank Council of Michigan will provide leadership and optimize systems for distributing food.
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks/projects at a time
- Excellent persuasive writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to develop and implement successful resource development strategic plans
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Must have experience managing and creating relationships with multiple donor types while stewarding funders to the next level of giving
- Experience in executing direct appeal, donor acquisition and cultivation programs
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail. High level of initiative and innovative thought-leadership.
- Experience in special events coordination
- Passion for FBCM’s mission
Minimum Qualifications for Education, Training and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years professional experience in business or non-profit organization in fund development. Experience in food banking/food programs a plus but not required.
- No criminal background. Valid Michigan driver’s license.
Use of personal vehicle to complete job duties.
Under the direction of the Executive Director:
In partnership with Executive Director, responsible for all fundraising and resource development activities including forging new relationships to build FBCM’s visibility and establishing and implementing plans to grow support for FBCM through corporate/foundation support, special events and public support. /p>
- Create and implement financial development plans
- Develop, plan and manage annual Michigan Harvest Gathering fundraising campaign and other FBCM-sponsored events
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors, and individual donors
- Develop cooperative relationships with organizational partners
- Execute annual direct mail appeals
- Develop online giving campaigns
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundations, and government funders
- Create and prepare related marketing and branding materials to support fundraising
- Recruit, train and direct volunteer “hunger advocates” to tell the story of the FBCM
- Manage fundraising management software
- Prepare committee and board development reports
- Staff Development Committee
- All other duties assigned by the Executive Director
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Please submit resume, references, & cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
Deadline for application is September 9, 2012.