Posted on February 5, 2013
Database Assistant (Part-Time)
Global Footprint Network
Global Footprint Network - Database Assistant (Part-Time)
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. Global Footprint Network is currently seeking a Database Assistant.
The Database Assistant is responsible for performing necessary tasks to update Global Footprint Network's Salesforce database. He/She can expect to develop lists, enter and manage contacts, classify contacts, and help out with general administrative tasks associated with fundraising mailings. A critical aspect of the job is to pay strict attention to detail, proactively communicate with supervisor about prioritization of workload demands, and maintain timely entries to the database efficiently. This position reports to the Database Associate.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform data entry, and maintain consistency of data input into Salesforce.
- Produce lists for mailings and merge lists into email and word documents when necessary.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance including (but not limited to) purging duplicates, mass upload of new entries, fixing data entry errors in existing records, building hierarchies, managing users.
- Recommend updates to the Salesforce Handbook including developing best practices, business rules, and work processes.
- Enroll in online and local training classes, workshops and conferences to increase your knowledge of Salesforce.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledgeable about environmental sustainability and global resource issues.
- College degree desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be a reliable, detail-oriented, self-starter.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce.
- Articulate and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, self-confidence and initiative.
- Interest in continuing to develop skills and learning from others.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships.
- Sense of humor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access.
Application -- Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2013 @ 5pm PST
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line MUST include the term "Database Assistant". No phone calls please. Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.