Posted on March 13, 2012
Clinical Sciences Program Officer
University of California, Office of the President
UC Office of the President - Clinical Sciences Program Officer
This position is part of the Research Grants Program Office (RGPO) within the Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS). The RGPO consists of several grant-giving programs that are administered by the University for the University of California or on behalf of the State of California. These programs are the California Breast Cancer Research Program, the Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program, the California HIV/AIDS Research Program, and the UC Grants programs such as the Multicampus Research Programs and Initiatives, and the Lab Fee Research Program. The RGPO provides central administrative units to support grant review and administration, financial and budgetary services, database management, and other core administrative needs to all of the grant programs. These services are provided by the Grants Budget, Finance and Administration Unit and the Contract and Grants Unit.
This position has primary responsibility in the area of clinical sciences in the California HIV/AIDS Research Program (CHRP), including program development and planning, peer reviewer and applicant relations, grant application and award management, and representing the program and disseminating research findings to a broad range of organizations and institutions concerned with HIV/AIDS-related issues. This position also serves as the primary CHRP liaison to the RGPO Contract and Grants Unit, maintaining expertise and contributing to innovation in grant/contract solicitation, review, funding and monitoring policies, procedures and tools.
- Earned doctorate degree in a relevant area of clinical and/or epidemiological science. Ten years of relevant experience required, with at least three in research in the field of the degree, or an equivalent level of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of issues in disease-related research program management, science and health policy, and research program evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience related to the translation and dissemination of research findings to applied or commercial uses.
- State-of-the-art knowledge of clinical research (e.g., clinical trials, therapeutic strategies, short- and long-term clinical outcomes, clinical observational studies) particularly in relation to HIV/AIDS.
- Proven leadership ability in scientific program planning and management of projects; experience leading scientific committees, outreach and technical assistance teams, peer review committees, and internal and external staff.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure effective communication with a wide audience (e.g., scientists, staff, industry, community agencies, advocates, funding agencies and the general public).
- Knowledge and experience analyzing data utilizing statistical software packages such as SPSS or SAS.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working in collaborative teams and in positions with shared authority for accomplishing program goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and mutually supportive working relationships with faculty, administrators, staff, other campus units, UC system units and sponsoring agencies.
- Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, policies, or procedures to define the problem, need or objective, identifying relevant issues or concerns, formulating alternatives for resolution or new program development, and recommending alternative choices and implications for implementation.
Salary: $66,900-$98,400 (Minimum-Midpoint of Range)
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20120080
Closing Date: 4/13/2012
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/238238
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the University of California Office of the President’s Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer