Posted on March 8, 2012
Corporate Engagement Manager
Malaria No More
Malaria No More - Corporate Engagement Manager
Malaria No More is determined to end malaria deaths—and we’re helping the world get it done. Malaria No More leverages high-impact communications to engage the world, global advocacy to rally leadership and strategic investments to accelerate progress. Malaria No More (www.MalariaNoMore.org) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Managing Director & Chief Development Officer (until Director of Development is hired)
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE CORPORATE ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Malaria No More is seeking an energetic, creative and seasoned development professional with an entrepreneurial nature to prospect, cultivate and steward private sector support – both in the U.S. and abroad – with an emphasis on significantly expanding the corporate and cause-related partnerships portfolio. As part of this role, the Corporate Engagement Manager also identifies funding and in-kind partners to sponsor events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Chief Development Officer and Director of Development to execute annual private sector engagement strategy.
- Constantly mine for new corporate partners and actively work to cultivate financial and in-kind contributions.
- Hold meetings with current corporate partners to solicit support for programs and general operating expenses.
- Develop innovative cause-related marketing concepts and pitch partnership opportunities to prospective partners.
- Travel with Director of Development, Chief Development Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer for donor and prospect meetings.
- Work closely with the Events Manager to engage corporate partners in fundraising and special events.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team to implement cause-related marketing partnerships and recognition platforms for corporate partners.
- Manage stewardship process for all corporate partners.
- Identify and create strategic platforms to cultivate new corporate partners.
- Support development wide fundraising efforts and contribute to prospecting activity.
- Represent Malaria No More at external meetings, conferences, and special events.
REQUIRED CREDENTIALS AND DESIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years corporate fundraising and cause-related marketing experience
- Excellent attention to details
- Must be a team player and actively contribute to the overall goals of the Development department
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with professional presence to represent the organization to multiple constituents
- Deep interest in, and knowledge of, fundraising, international development or related fields
- Ability to understand technical information related to international development
- Excellent writing, presentation and researching skills, including report writing
- Experience working with senior corporate executives
- Outstanding communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment working independently or part of a team
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Corporate Engagement Manager (Fundraising)".
Malaria Nio more is an Equal Opportunity Employer