Posted on January 8, 2013
Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events
Madison Square Boys and Girls Club
Madison Square Boys and Girls Club - Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events
A founding member of Boys & Girls Club of America, Madison Square Boys & Girls Club annually serves over 5,000 youth at four clubhouses and three school sites in the Bronx and Brooklyn. We provide after-school and summer program that address the needs of the “whole child,” empowering at-risk youth to see past their own circumstances and find the tools necessary to pursue the vast opportunities that lie ahead.
The Madison Square Boys & Girls Club is currently seeking the Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events who reports directly to the Director of Individual Giving and Special Events. This role is responsible for the development and management of the special events function, integrating elements of the organization’s individual and planned giving efforts. This individual will be heavily involved in the planning and execution of all events that relate to Madison’s organizational success. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in event planning and coordination with ample exposure to individual giving.
- Manage and cultivate event attendees
- Collaborate to manage and execute the Christmas Tree Ball, the Youth of the Year Gala, along with several smaller events
- Manage all department expenses and budgets related to special events
- Prepare and modify event contracts as needed
- Recruit and supervise event staff, coordinate team workflow, priorities and coordinate the team’s collaboration with other departments
- Ensure event fundraising actions are tracked and recorded in the donor database
- Manage all logistics for events, including facilities, transportation, contracts, seating charts etc.
- Evaluate overall results of special events campaigns; provide recommendations, modifications and new approaches to support successful achievement of department and organizational goals
- Create and produce event program and run of show
- Oversee sourcing and management of all event vendors
- Direct creation and management of event logistics, including: event timelines, production schedules and day-of schedules
- Manage Stewardship of all donors under $1000
- Manage communication and solicitation of Madison alumni
- Support the research of all individual giving donors and oversee the proper tracking of prospect research
- Perform ad hoc projects to support the mission of the overall organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years experience working in Events and Development
- Strong organizational and project management skills; adept at working under tight deadlines and management multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of accomplishment in fundraising activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with all types of people
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with club staff, board members, volunteers, community groups and third party representatives
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to have flexibility with work schedules to attend evening events and ability to lift boxes etc. as needed
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.