Posted on July 11, 2012
Director of Corporate Partnerships
City Year - Director of Corporate Partnerships
Organization’s Mission and Goals
City Year was founded in 1988 on the belief that young people can change the world. The organization unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them the skills and opportunities to change the world. As tutors, mentors, and role models, these diverse young leaders make a difference in the lives of children, and transform schools and neighborhoods in 19 U.S. locations. City Year’s vision is that one day the most commonly asked question of a young person will be, “Where are you going to do your service year?”
City Year Los Angeles (CYLA) was founded in 2007 with an inaugural corps of 75 and has reached 210 by its fifth year.
City Year Service
City Year is focused on significantly reducing the high school dropout rate in each of our target cities. Through City Year’s Whole School Whole Child service model, City Year deploys diverse teams of full-time corps members in schools to help students stay on track – and get back on track – to graduate. Corps members serve in schools as tutors, mentors, role models and leaders of after-school programs. As near-peers, corps members are uniquely able to help improve student attendance, behavior and coursework – which research confirms are indicators of a student's likelihood of graduating from high school. This school-based service is at the heart of City Year’s approach to helping students and schools succeed.
City Year Los Angeles seeks a Director of Corporate Partnerships to lead the organization’s corporate fundraising efforts. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will build engaging and sustainable corporate partnerships that support a growing organization and ambitious private sector revenue goals of $2 million dollars in corporate funding contributing to an $8 million organizational budget in FY12 and growing each year.
- Create and lead a corporate sales and partnership strategy that increases City Year’s corporate giving in the L.A. market by at least $1M a year.
- Identify and cultivate a pipeline of corporate prospects that can make annual and multiyear investments at the $25,000+ level.
- Retain existing team sponsors, and identify and cultivate new team sponsors at annual $100,000 Team Sponsorship level.
- Leverage existing City Year programs including Team Sponsorships, corporate service days, and Spring Break fundraiser as well as create new initiatives to drive additional corporate funding.
- Support development team in effort to manage relationships with existing partners with a goal of recommitting $1.5M in corporate funding.
- Build City Year’s corporate base of support in key focus areas including the financial services and legal sectors.
- Engage individuals at corporate partners in City Year’s mission to help cultivate individual donors.
- Professional experience (at least 5 to 7 years) in sales, business development relationship management, and/or non-profit fundraising.
- Proven track record building relationships and closing deals.
- Working knowledge of the corporate and business sector.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- Ability to craft strong, persuasive promotional and sales materials, decks, one-page documents, etc.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong research skills—ability to identify and research corporate prospects.
- Ability to evaluate partnership impact and success.
- Efficient time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a collaborative and strong team-based organization.
- Passion for education and youth development.
- Partner with all City Year Los Angeles departments through applicant interview process, service day participation and cross-departmental committees as needed to ensure site-wide goals are met
Competitive salary and benefits.
Great benefits include healthcare, insurance, vacation, holidays, 401K, FSA, and more.
Qualified applicants should forward cover letter, resume and references to:
Jeffrey Hitchcock, Deputy Director of HR & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: CYLA Director of Corporate Partnerships
*Please include where you found this City Year posting