Posted on February 25, 2012
Associate Director, Institutional Giving
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater - Associate Director, Institutional Giving
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater is seeking an Associate Director of Institutional Giving. Renowned for its stellar performances, high-caliber dance training, and innovative educational initiatives which reach nearly 500,000 people around the globe each year, this organization is hailed as “cultural ambassador to the world” by the U.S. Congress. Robert Battle recently took the helm as Artistic Director, ushering in an exciting new era in Ailey’s history.
This position offers a dedicated individual the opportunity to join a collaborative team, which raises $8M annually in support of all of the Ailey organization’s programs, including new works, scholarships for young dancers, and Arts In Education projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing and cultivating corporate, foundation, and government relationships
- Developing and implementing sponsorship strategies
- Writing and editing corporate, foundation, and government funding proposals and reports
- Researching and identifying new prospects
- Supervising and editing work of two staff members
Required Skills and Experience:
- Candidate should have a minimum of five years in Development and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Proven track record in fundraising (with institutions preferred)
- Strong writing and organizational skills with experience editing grants and proposals
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed within fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
Bachelors degree required
We offer a very competitive salary and generous Benefits which include health/dental insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan, and savings on transit/parking.
Please apply on our Career Page using the following link: http://www.alvinailey.org/about/jobs
No phone calls please.
Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.