Posted on February 23, 2012
Associate Director of Donor Relations
University of Baltimore
University of Baltimore - Associate Director of Donor Relations
- Plans, develops, implements and coordinates all stewardship activities for UB donors which includes individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
- Develops and coordinates meaningful and strategic giving recognition programs.
- Collaborates with IA staff to identify new stewardship opportunities and identifies opportunities to highlight the successes of the University with donors.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Student and Young Alumni Programs to engage and steward young/recent alumni donors through the Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) club. Creates a strategic plan which includes targeted activities and communications for GOLD.
- Works with key staff to collect information and prepare scholarship stewardship and endowment reports, as needed.
- Serves as the lead staff for the annual Scholarship Celebration Luncheon by coordinating all aspects of the event including donor invitation list, event speakers, scholarship recipients and all logistics.
- Coordinates thank you recognition program to alumni at the end of the fiscal and calendar years which includes electronic, direct mail and phone components.
- Coordinates thank you calls for $1,000+ donors on an ongoing basis.
- Works with the Office of Annual Giving and the UB Foundation to share success stories, donor stories and incorporate other donor relations elements into their web sites. Updates the donor recognition pages on a timely basis with current donors and special donor recognitions.
- Develops and delivers the monthly information piece, The Insider, for major donors, volunteers and University friends.
- Coordinates routine birthday cards, condolence cards, congratulatory notes and other special correspondence to donors and special friends of the University from the President’s Office, Institutional Advancement, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Public Affairs.
- Manages special correspondence to donors and special friends from key University staff which can include the president, UBF chair, vice president for Institutional Advancement, among others.
- Drafts a new set of standard acknowledgments on an annual basis to be used by the Gift Processor and Acknowledgement Coordinator.
- Handles special donor acknowledgments and other correspondence as needed on a regular basis.
- Coordinates the execution of the president’s annual Thanksgiving Card Mailing, and other special communications from the President’s Office, as directed.
- Coordinates special communications from the deans of the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Public Affairs, as directed by the Director of Alumni and College Relations.
- Prepares the annual report listing of donors and assists the Director of Communications, as needed, in producing an annual report for the UBF.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in development, customer relations, constituent relations, or client management. Prior experience in a development setting is preferred. Prior event management experience a plus. Also required: exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize actions to effectively meet deadlines; and ability to develop programs from concept to completion. Also required: strong project management, organization skills and attention to detail; strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to function as a team player in a fast-paced environment; and ability to establish and build strong relationships with constituents which includes donors, alumni, students, faculty and staff. Also requires creative program solving skills, ability to effectively prioritize workload, and experience with Microsoft Office products. Raiser’s Edge experience, Adobe Creative Suite experience and experience with other design and publishing software a plus.
Regular exempt position with full benefits package
Annual Salary: $35,000 to $42,000
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution. http://www.ubalt.edu/hr
Include your Vacancy Number 300203 on all documents. Electronic submission is strongly preferred. Submit a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Visit http://bit.ly/AvuKYs to review document submission deadline and application instructions, and then apply.