Posted on February 22, 2012
Manager of Partner Relations Operations
Energy Foundation - Manager of Partner Relations Operations
The Energy Foundation is a private grant-making foundation whose mission is to assist in the global transition to a sustainable energy future by promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy. The Foundation offers a dynamic, positive work environment with approximately 45 staff in the San Francisco office and 30 staff in the Beijing office. This position is based at the Foundation’s headquarters in San Francisco.
The Manager of Partner Relations Operations is primarily responsible for supporting the fundraising activities of the Energy Foundation by analyzing prospect research, maintaining a donor database, providing donor stewardship, managing internal deadlines, and implementing processes and systems to streamline the administrative functions. This person has the primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow and maintain the organization’s resources. This position will work closely with the Director of Partner Relations, and EF staff to secure funding from new and existing partners. The ideal candidate has experience in project management, managing databases, and is organized and works well in a team.
PARTNER RELATIONS OPERATION MANAGEMENT
- Understand all administrative systems and procedures to track, record, report, acknowledge, and recognize all contributions and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all fundraising activities, prospect contacts, and donor reports;
- Maintain all development files and records regarding prospective contributors on all levels and assure that all other necessary records are available as needed for smooth development and auditing operations;
- Document pertinent information for the purpose of enhancing and developing donor profiles within the database (SalesForce)
- Create processes for effective use of FLUXX (EF’s grants management software) in collaboration with Chief Information Officer
- Establish a check and balance system for reconciling donations with finance and other records related to contributions.
- Manage partner relations’ projects, such as delivery of final reports, through collaboration and coordination of multiple contributors in-house and externally.
- Assist, as directed, in the execution of grant related activities, communication with funders and completion of final reports of activities.
- Ensure accurate and consistent content within letters, proposals, reports to partners, PowerPoint slides, and speaking points:
- Assure integrity of data and records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding, etc. Audits data entry for errors or incorrect codes.
- Provide support as needed for the fundraising activities including cultivation and donor/partner events.
- Create and implement a proactive, strategic stewardship process for funders from point of entry to thank you notes and cultivation between grant cycles.
- Synthesize information and coordinate regular reports for external partners with the Communications Specialist.
- Assist with grant writing and grant fund research to solicit funds from foundations.
- Identify new funder prospects through analyzing background information on potential donors and developing materials, creating cultivation plans, and organizing contact with potential funders.
- Research and prepare briefing materials for the Director of Partner Relations and/or President or other senior staff: create talking points and meeting strategies and brief the presenters on these strategies.
- Direct the tracking and implementation of all follow-up;
- Provide stewardship support to the President, Director of Partner Relations or other senior staff, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a relevant field.
- Experience writing and editing grants, developing proposals and compiling requisite documents for grant proposals.
- Experience managing projects.
- Knowledge of administrative systems, processes and tools that facilitate fundraising activities.
- Ability to analyze research and develop concise briefing materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated high level of cross-departmental collaboration.
- Computer proficiency including word-processing, database management and presentation programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with SalesForce helpful.
- Strong partnership-building expertise and capable of interacting with all levels of staff.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, ability to audit and self-correct data entries
Energy Foundation provides a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and retirement benefits, generous vacation and the opportunity to work for global energy change.
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the mission and resume to EnergyJob@ef.org by March 8, 2012. No phone calls, please.