Posted on February 21, 2012
Director of Corporate Relations
Cancer Care - Director of Corporate Relations
The Director of Corporate Relations will secure and oversee cause marketing, corporate sponsorships, and related strategic partnerships to generate revenue and elevate the national profile of CancerCare, as well as its education/support programs and special events. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and background in consumer marketing and sales, excellent communication skills, and the ability to think creatively. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Development.
Requirements, Education and Skills
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing corporate partners to secure cash and in-kind revenue to support CancerCare’s annual fundraising goals.
- Expand existing cause marketing and sponsorship program to raise at least $750,000 in annual cash revenue, with an emphasis on high-value companies.
- Oversee the implementation of revenue-generating and appropriate marketing activities at all stages, including: research and identification of corporate prospects; cold calling; cultivation and networking; proposal development; conducting presentations and sales pitches; drafting contracts; and the negotiation and closing of partnership agreements.
- Develop and administer benefits to corporate donors; tailor specific sponsorship pitches for targeted industries.
- Work collaboratively with communications, special events, key development staff, and program staff in CancerCare’s regional and national offices to design and execute a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing strategy to support fundraising goals.
- Develop projections and reports that include analysis of fundraising progress, income projections, short and long-term revenue growth, and budget/resource allocation.
- Ensure all sponsorship and cause marketing activities are consistent with the latest consumer and corporate marketing trends, adhere to CancerCare’s Cause Marketing and Corporate Sponsorship Guidelines, and are supportive of CancerCare’s mission, goals, and client needs.
- Oversee the tracking and analysis of corporate fundraising data in Raiser’s Edge and other records.
- BA degree (marketing, sales, or business administration a plus)
- Six to ten years experience in marketing, sales, fundraising, and media
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to build and manage high-value relationships
- Capacity to plan and think strategically
- Ability to persuade, energize, and motivate others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge
- Periodic travel
Excellent benefits and vacation. Please send cover letter and resume to Sue Lee, Senior Director of Development, at email@example.com, or, CancerCare, 275 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10001. EEO