Posted on February 17, 2012
Associate Director, Resource Generation
Church World Service
Church World Service - Associate Director, Resource Generation
The incumbent will be the focal point for Church World Service’s Immigration and Refugee Program’s (CWS/IRP) fundraising activities. They will be responsible for supporting the fundraising goals of Church World Service (CWS) and leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of the New York City area. The incumbent will also contribute to the long term fundraising strategy for CWS office in New York with specific orientation towards foundations, corporations and individual donors in the New York City area. S/he is the primary representative of CWS/IRP to prospective and current donors. They will also work as a part of the team developing, refining and implementing the resource development strategy for the IRP Annual Event in New York City. This position will also coordinate proposal preparation of non-government grants, for all CWS/IRP offices in the U.S.
S/he will provide guidance, training, expertise and direction to the Office Directors and Resource Development Staff within CWS/IRP. The incumbent will coordinate closely with the CWS’ Resource Development Department (RDD) and other colleagues as necessary.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors in the NYC area for and beyond the special event
- Help create and execute a strategy for soliciting a large sustained base of individual donors in NYC area
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations for Immigration and Refugee Programs and activities
- Oversee the resource generation component of the IRP annual special event
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals and necessary reports to corporate, foundation, and individual funders
- Help diversify and further develop the funding base for the IRP
- Coordinate the proposal submissions for all CWS/IRP related offices in the US
- Work closely with the CWS/IRP government and CWS/RDD Constituent Engagement Program colleagues to coordinate and execute proposal creation and submission
- Assist local CWS Immigration and Refugee Program offices with fund-raising models
- Perform other related duties and provide leadership to special projects as requested
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Minimum five years experience in funds mobilization.
- The candidate needs a minimum of five years of experience in funds mobilization with an emphasis on corporate sponsorships. They need a high energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, with a high degree of initiative. They need the skills of flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail.
- They need a proven track record of achieving revenue targets and a proven management and leadership capabilities. They also need experience working with Senior Level Executives in a corporate environment and should have strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- This person needs strong verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and have a thorough understanding of strategic development.
- The need a thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base and a demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage current and new donors. Familiarity and experience with standard contractual requirements in writing grants proposals is required.
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of data base programs.
- The experience of working with church constituencies through ecumenical structures is a plus. As well is an understanding of and commitment to programs serving refugees, immigrants and other populations in need.
Church World Service
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 968
Elkhart, IN 46515
or fax to 574/266-0087
or email to email@example.com