Posted on February 17, 2012
Director of Development and Communications
Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development
Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development - Director of Development and Communications
ANHD seeks a full-time Director of Development and Communications to maintain and expand our fundraising base, and oversee our communications strategy.
- Conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to private foundations and corporate sources.
- Maintaining compliance with all foundation and corporate grants, as well as government contracts.
- Cultivating new funding sources to expand ANHD’s funding base, including private foundation and government programs.
- Assisting ANHD to build strategic relationships with new funders and maintain relationships with existing funders.
- Overseeing the production of ANHD publications including annual report, and assisting staff with policy reports and other program-related communications.
- Planning modernization of ANHD web presence, and other communications strategies.
- Managing consultants on such events as ANHD annual conference.
- Minimum of five years of experience writing funding proposals and reports for not-for-profits, and maintaining funder relations. Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing communications for a not-for-profit or similar entity.
- Experience in affordable housing or a related field is desirable.
- Proficiency in Windows applications, database management, fundraising information sources and other information technologies.
- Commitment to social justice and working for affordable and decent housing for all.
ANHD encourages applications from women and people of color.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a writing sample consisting of a funding proposal to: Executive Director, ANHD, 50 Broad Street, Suite 1125, New York, NY 10004-2376, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 212-747-1114.