Posted on February 17, 2012
Democracy North Carolina
Democracy North Carolina - Development Director
The Development Director focuses on individual donor and community foundation support, leads staff support of the Board of Directors fundraising committee and plays the leading role in developing the Board’s fundraising capacity. In addition, the Development Director has responsibility for cultivating a special constituency of “Campaign Donors for Campaign Reform” as advocates with access to policymakers and as donors to the organization. The Development Director reports to and works closely with the Executive Director on grant writing, cultivation of foundations, and overall fundraising. To see the full job description, click here.
- College degree and at least 7 years of experience with some combination of organizing, development, and program leadership in the nonprofit or political campaign sector.
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and evaluate the potential of fundraising activities.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage major donors and small donors.
- Proven communication, time management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc); experience with on-line donor databases.
- Commitment to social and economic justice, racial equity, and ability to develop and maintain relationships with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Willingness and ability to travel statewide, including occasional overnight travel.
Salary is commensurate with the person’s experience. Excellent health and leave benefits are provided. Democracy NC encourages applications from people of color and women.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references to Hiring Committee, 1821 Green Street, Durham, NC 27705, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.