Posted on February 16, 2012
Senior Business Development Associate
Seedco - Senior Business Development Associate
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization founded in 1987 that works to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco’s work focuses on three primary areas: workforce development, work and family supports, and community finance and small business services. Seedco is a leader in implementing innovative, multi-partner initiatives that foster financial advancement and security. Learn more at www.seedco.org.
Seedco is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Senior Business Development Associate to facilitate business development and account management activities for Seedco’s New York City Community Based Program network. The network is comprised of seven community based organizations (CBOs) charged with preparing applicants and recipients of public assistance for entry-level job opportunities. This position will be responsible for: 1) managing the sales activities of 4-5 Business Development Account Managers charged with developing entry-level job orders for the network; 2) building and sustaining relationships with small-to-large businesses across a variety of industry sectors by facilitating access to an array of no-fee staffing and other services provided by our CBO network; 3) providing support and technical assistance to CBO partner fulfillment staff on candidate screening, matching and referrals to open jobs and 4) providing technical assistance to CBOs that maintain independent business development capacity. This position is an excellent opportunity for experienced, goal oriented sales and job development professionals who are also interested in community and economic development.
- Work with a team of up to four Business Development Account Managers to build an ongoing sales pipeline of employer accounts that will result in a minimum of 600 new hire placements annually; Maintain a recruit-to-hire ratio of at least 4:1 by helping to identify job ready participants from various workforce development programs across Seedco’s CBO network;
- Provide technical assistance to a diverse team of candidate screening and fulfillment account managers within Seedco’s network to improve matching of appropriate candidates to open job orders by training them on the specific nuances of each employer’s staffing needs;
- Support the design of a consistent business development strategy to increase and improve Seedco’s network image as a full service, no-fee non-profit staffing agency in the business community;
- Coordinate job fairs and oversee cooperation from CBO staff to maximize employer participation;
- Develop and coordinate persuasive business development materials to market Seedco’s no-fee staffing services and financial services products;
- Comply with administrative responsibilities including tracking referrals, interviews, placements, and retention status; and
- Other and all related tasks and special projects as necessary and required.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred;
- Proven track record of managing sales efforts, preferably in staffing or job development;
- At least 3-5 years of sales, job development, staffing or related experience;
- Existing business and industry contacts and experience presenting to business/industry required;
- Extensive knowledge of local labor market trends;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in a team-based work environment;
- Must be articulate, collaborative, motivating and possess strong sales skills;
- Willingness to prospect via phone and in person as well as network before and after work;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, target oriented environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to engage large groups with diverse populations;
- Excellent computer skills;
- History of positive working relationships with diverse groups and individuals; and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com, with the subject line “Senior Business Development Associate (Ref# 12-013)” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website http://www.seedco.org/careers for other job opportunities.