Posted on February 16, 2012
Director of Strategic Performance Management
Seedco - Director of Strategic Performance Management
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization founded in 1987 that works to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco’s work focuses on three primary areas: workforce development, work and family supports, and community finance and small business services. Seedco is a leader in implementing innovative, multi-partner initiatives that foster financial advancement and security. Learn more at www.seedco.org.
The Director of Strategic Performance Management, Policies and Procedures serves as the analyst, synthesizer, and career center champion of change initiatives and business process redesign projects aimed towards significantly improving overall operations at his/her center. He or she documents processes, develops strategies for process improvements, and implements interim and long-term solutions. As a member of the Center’s senior leadership team, the Director works closely with the Center Director and the other members of the leadership team to promote a business-driven model of job placement. He or she also oversees the Strategic Operations Department and manages the day-to-day performance and productivity of the Strategic Operations Specialists. In addition, he or she also works closely with the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS), and other stakeholders to promote knowledge of best practices, leverage system expertise, and ensure effective implementation of programs and policies.
- Strategically facilitate business-driven job placements as an active member of the Center’s leadership team
- Communicate regularly with all leadership staff in order to have a robust, detailed understanding of current center operations and how processes and technological applications are facilitating business-driven placements;
- Work closely with all leadership staff to identify and analyze operational challenges and to design and implement process improvements;
- Communicate regularly with the Center Director about operational issues and change efforts; facilitate major process improvements by obtaining the Center Director’s approval and guidance;
- Keep Center Director abreast of progress towards programmatic and contractual goals as measured by performance management reports and other tracking methods;
- Provide ongoing support for operations and technology;
- Identify areas in need of operational improvement, develop strategies for addressing those needs, advocate strategies both internally and with SBS, and actively pursue implementation of solutions;
- Monitor progress towards programmatic and contractual goals using Workforce1 performance management reports and independent data analysis; establish tracking methods for initiatives and outcomes as needed;
- Support center staff with use of technology and coordinate with SBS and the Center IT Lead to ensure that technological issues are resolved promptly; train center staff on new technology applications through formal and informal methods;
- Support leadership staff in ensuring that customer flow, service delivery, and data management are conducted consistently, efficiently, and effectively; work with leadership staff in designing, documenting, and implementing standard processes across all aspects of operations;
- Conduct regular customer service reviews, analyze results and develop strategies for improvement;
- Perform daily troubleshooting for cross-unit operations;
- Assist in the management of external communication requests from partner agencies, customers, customer representatives, and elected officials;
- Coordinate with Department of Labor regarding shared technology, resources, and facilities;
- Supervise and direct the strategic operations team, provide guidance and direction to team projects;
- Manage and evaluate performance of Strategic Operations Specialists;
- Implement large scale technology and process improvements;
- Serve as the center champion and project manager for large scale, cross-unit technology and process improvements, including those which are internally driven as well as those driven by SBS;
- Support other leadership staff in the implementation of smaller SBS-driven projects specifically related to their units;
- Provide SBS with input into tool design and process improvements, especially as related to minimizing the operational burden on center staff as well as precluding data and process issues;
- Provide SBS with impact assessments of new technology and processes;
- Coordinate with SBS;
- Communicate regularly with the SBS Center Operations Manager to keep SBS abreast of ongoing challenges related to operations, technology, and process improvements;
- Serve as the subject matter expert for center operations; provide input to SBS based on observations and expertise in specific areas of frontline operations;
- Identify and facilitate the sharing of best practices across the WF1CC system by actively communicating these practices to SBS;
- Oversee responses to audits and program monitoring exercises;
- Submit incident reports to SBS on negative center disruptions;
- Provide a jobseeker success story to SBS on a monthly basis or as requested;
- Maintain, and provide to SBS, a unified center schedule of workshops and recruitment events in coordination with career advisement and fulfillment account management; and
- Participate in system-wide calls, meetings, and trainings as appropriate.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university in business administration, general operations management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, statistics, or a closely related field; a Masters degree in one of these fields is preferred;
- At least three years of professional experience, including one year of management or supervisory experience;
- Experience in sales and/or sales management preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with multiple stakeholders, frequent change, and diverse objectives;
- Excellent strategic thinking, operations, quantitative, and qualitative skills;
- Ability to gather and synthesize information from a wide variety of people and sources;
- Experience managing large scale projects and driving change initiatives, including efforts requiring as-is process mapping and the design and rollout of new processes and standard operating procedures; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Director of Strategic Performance Management, Policies and Procedure (Ref# 12-012)” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website http://www.seedco.org/careers for other job opportunities.