Posted on February 15, 2012
Organizational Performance Officer
Lumina Foundation for Education
Lumina Foundation - Organizational Performance Officer
Lumina Foundation is seeking an, innovative, analytical and mission driven Organizational Performance Officer to enhance knowledge management and use information in strategic decision making.
Lumina Foundation based in Indianapolis is a private, national foundation with the mission to expand access and success in education beyond high school, particularly among adults, first-generation college going students, low-income students and students of color. This mission is directed toward a single, overarching big goal – to increase the percentage of Americans with high-quality degrees and credentials to 60 percent by the year 2025.
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Performance and Evaluation this position will support the Foundation’s performance as related to Lumina’s strategic plan and corresponding metrics. This includes collecting, maintaining, and reporting on both internal and external data related to the metrics to assist the organization in assimilating and using information in decision making. The role involves problem solving, reporting and making recommendations using a high degree of innovation, analysis, and reasoning. The role will positively impact the access, flow and analysis of data and information from internal and external sources giving the organization an enhanced platform on which to build strategic decision making. The position is based in Indianapolis.
- Data Management: This position will assist strategy teams with the collection, reporting and maintenance of data related to the metrics, policy and public will-building and organizational performance. It will also serve as the repository for data related to the metrics.
- Research: The position will assist in the development of instruments/tools to use internally to collect and maintain data for current metrics. Quantitative and qualitative research/evaluation skills, including basic statistical analysis and measurements, interviewing and survey design and analysis are necessary. In addition this position will conduct library, database and Web-based research to assist metrics related work
- Analysis: Regularly examine the data and write analytic reports for emerging trends to be used for real-time decision-making and strategic planning. Assist others in understanding the role and significance of the data using superior written communication skills, including ability to transform complex analysis into lay language. Ability to work in collaboration with other staff members to connect data collected internally and externally, analyze trends, and make recommendations.
- Other Duties: Assist as needed with evaluation activities. Provide liaison duties with outside evaluators, contractors, and grantees. Assist in various ways the inter-disciplinary efforts of the Foundation’s professional staff. Participate in Evaluation and Organizational Learning activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in evaluation, data management, or research and analysis. Survey development, analysis, and reporting skills preferred.
- Ability to pull out important aspects of the data for real-time decision making across the Foundation.
- Superior written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate to expert level computer skills, including use of MS Office Suite, databases and other data-accessing abilities.
- Some travel required including overnight stays.
- Familiarity with research related to postsecondary education is highly desirable.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Administration
For further information please contact Laurie Woodhouse at 812.345.1863