Posted on February 15, 2012
Brain Trauma Foundation
Brain Trauma Foundation - Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
The Brain Trauma Foundation (BTF) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to improving outcomes for patients with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). BTF, founded in 1986, recently celebrated 25 years of service.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate who is friendly, professional and responsible for a full-time Administrative Assistant position for immediate hire. Our office is conveniently located in lower Manhattan, NYC, in close proximity to several subway lines, bus routes, PATH trains, and ferries.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the Company.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone and fax messages
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member
- Receive mail
- Stamp all general correspondence
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls
- Make preparations for meetings
- Order supplies and maintain an adequate inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Respond to public inquiries
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support for the administration.
- Perform clerical duties in order to maintain the administration work.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the current filing system
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Manage the administrative staff meetings, appointments and recording the memos.
- Minimum of two years of relevant administrative experience
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred
- Must possess strong computer skills in multiple software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accept direction and additional responsibilities from managers
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Customer Service oriented
- Courteous and cordial in person and on the phone. Must be clearly understood.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Interested candidates must send a cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements with position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we will be unable to respond to each applicant. We will contact only those candidates being considered for interviews. No phone calls please.