Posted on February 14, 2012
Constituent Relationship Associate
GLSEN - Constituent Relationship Associate
Objective: The Constituent Relationship Associate works with GLSEN’s Online Strategies Manager to maintain GLSEN’s Constituent Relationship Management software, currently Blue State Digital, and support production and maintenance of GLSEN.org and GLSEN microsites. This position plays a central role in GLSEN’s efforts to deliver diverse, timely and compelling e-communications to our constituents, as well as maintaining our constituent database. The Constituent Relationship Associate is also responsible for training staff and chapters on basic CRM tasks and maintenance.
- Maintain constituent database, updating and creating constituency groups.
- Provide training and support to GLSEN’s local chapters on how to use CRM effectively, including technical issues and constituent fundraising campaigns.
- Work with Departments to build forms and emails, including GLSEN’s monthly e-newsletter, using CRM.
- Track e-communications success rates and make recommendations on how to improve e-communications.
- Support Online Strategies Manager in oversight and management of GLSEN.org and microsites, as well as creation of new websites.
- Support efforts to ensure brand consistency across online presences and within e-communications.
- Support Communications Department’s social media strategy, including posting to and tracking engagement on Facebook, Twitter and GLSEN blog.
- Assist with Communications Department projects as needed.
- 2-3 years Online or CRM experience preferred
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience
- Competency in Mac and PC environments
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Basic knowledge of CRMs required
- Knowledge of content management systems preferred
- Basic HTML skills for email required
- Proficiency with social media preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.
This position is located in GLSEN's New York City headquarters. Resume and letter of interest should be submitted to: email@example.com, or mailed to GLSEN, 90 Broad Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10004