Posted on February 11, 2012
Director of Corporate Relations
New York City Ballet
New York City Ballet - Director of Corporate Relations
NEW YORK CITY BALLET, one of the foremost dance companies in the world, seeks new Director of Corporate Relations. Solely responsible for training its own artists and creating its own works, the New York City Ballet (NYCB) was founded by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein with the goal of producing and performing a new ballet repertory that would reimagine the principles of classical dance.
Under the management of the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for:
- Overseeing NYCB's Corporate Relations activities and develop and implementing a plan to achieve an annual corporate fundraising target.
- Identifying key corporate and corporate foundation prospects and building a pipeline for future support of NYCB.
- Developing mutually beneficial and revenue-generating partnership opportunities with companies by linking the mission of NYCB with their corporate and philanthropic missions.
- Developing, writing, and submitting proposals to corporations and corporate foundations tailored to the needs and specific requirements of the potential supporters.
- Stewarding current and prospective corporate donors through activities such as phone calls, email, meetings and visits, as appropriate.
- Maintaining and documenting comprehensive information on all of the corporate relationships under management and ensuring information is properly archived.
- Collaborating with events team on invitation management for cultivation events, proposing and implementing strategies to engage and attract new corporate prospects.
- Assisting with planning and implementing comprehensive follow-up strategies with current corporate donors and prospects.
- Managing NYCB's Advisory Board and acting as the key point-of-contact for all cultivation efforts, solicitation of new Advisory Board members, annual meetings, and events.
- Directly supervising and mentoring the Corporate Relations Associate, who is responsible for supporting the cultivation, solicitation, and management of corporate and corporate foundation support.
Qualifications include: bachelor's degree; 7-10 years relevant experience; general knowledge of fundraising and/or corporate sales principles and techniques; demonstrated ability to function as an integral part of a professional development team, making substantial contributions to increasing the bottom line; self-starter with the ability to work both entrepreneurially and as part of team; ability to identify corporate donors and cultivate relationships leading to substantial commitments; strong organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to target message to various audiences; extremely high comfort level presenting to corporate executives; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a flair for creativity; and ability to multi-task.
To Apply: Contact the New York City Ballet's search consultant: Donna Bonem Rich, CFRE at email@example.com