Posted on February 8, 2012
Walk/Run National Manager
National Council-Society of St. Vincent de Paul
National Council-Society of St. Vincnet de Paul - Friends of the Poor Walk/Run National Manager
Join the National Team at the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and take your career to the national level, helping to end poverty one step at a time.
One of the oldest charitable organizations in the world, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul (www.svdpusa.org) is a Catholic lay organization of more than 700,000 men and women throughout the world who voluntarily join together to grow spiritually and offer person-to-person service to the needy and suffering. With the U.S. headquarters in St. Louis, Mo., membership in the United States totals more than 172,000 in 4,600 communities. Programs include home visits, housing assistance, disaster relief, job training and placement, food pantries, clothing, transportation and utility costs, care for the elderly and medicine. SVdP serves over 14 million people in need each year, performs more than 648,000 visits to people in their homes, and delivers more than seven million service hours to those in need.
Friends of The Poor®Walk/Run Summary
A national walk/run-a-thon is entering its fourth year, hosted locally and managed out of the National Council office in St. Louis, Missouri. The event was implemented to assist the local SVdP Conferences and Councils raise funds for the emergency needs (temporary shelter, utility assistance, medical services, transportation,….) of individuals struggling to maintain their basic needs.
The FOP Walk/Run Manager is a full time, year around fundraising position responsible for providing leadership, vision, and support for the national event. The position was created to develop, coordinate, and implement strategic objectives leading to the expansion of host sites and the national income. This is a result driven position that is responsible for building strong relationships with national corporate sponsors and increasing the national and local income. Also paramount is the ability to communicate the event details and structure to volunteers, leading them to implement strategies to improve the local funds raised. The FOP Walk/Run Manager will be part of the National Development Team, reporting directly to the National Development Director.
- Develop, coordinate and carry out plans for the annual national FOP®Walk/Run.
- Develop and enhance FOP®Walk/Run tools and materials required to continually grow the program using best practices.
- Coordinate all printed material for the event.
- Lead the national corporate sponsorship campaign.
- Develop long term relationships with national corporate sponsors.
- Ensure sponsors receive appropriate recognition.
- Ensure event materials conform to company branding guidelines (approval from Communications Director) AND the event incorporate element of passion, education and the SVdPUSA mission.
- Liaison between national council and event host coordinators.
- Secure national spokesperson for the event.
- Secure national T-shirt vendor.
- Participate in the development of a national public relations plan.
- Develop, distribute and analyze the Event Evaluations to make annual improvements/enhancements.
- Coordinate on-line pass through dollars.
- Exercise excellent judgment, accept responsibility, and give careful attention to details.
- Track and report event results.
- Travel will be required.
- Other fundraising duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in nonprofit management, public relations, communications, marketing or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years experience in special events (preferred walk-a-thon) or development related activities.
- Team player able to relate to and work with diverse constituencies, including all levels of staff, volunteers and board.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instruction effectively).
- Positive, professional demeanor and ability to develop, maintain, and utilize relationships to advance fundraising goals and mission of the SVdPUSA.
- A self-starter, independent worker with the ability to develop a plan and report on its progress.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and budget development and management
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer successful fundraising events
- Flexibility of schedule and availability of time necessary to accomplish special event goals
- Leadership skills in supervising committee and event volunteers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook, and the Internet
February 24, 2012
Confidential inquires and resume materials should be directed to: Steven F. Martinez, National Development Director, National Council of Society of St. Vincent de Paul, 58 Progress Parkway, St. Louis, Missouri 63043-3706 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (314-576-3993 x 213)