Posted on January 30, 2012
Brooklyn Children's Museum
Brooklyn Children's Museum - KidShop Host
The Brooklyn Children’s Museum seeks a part-time KidShop Host, 10-20 hours per week. The person must be able to work weekends and holidays, and maintain flexible hours. Working in the Gift Shop, KidShop Hosts provide courteous service to customers using knowledge of products and exhibitions to provide excellent service to KidShop visitors.
- Communicates well with visitors and staff to maintain the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive customer service at all times.
- Receives, unpacks, and shelves incoming merchandise.
- Matches merchandise received to invoices, checks for damages and identifies discrepancies.
- Prepares merchandise for sale in the KidShop. This includes, but is not limited to, packaging and labeling merchandise and posting signage.
- Restocks KidShop inventory and maintains appearance and organization of displays with an emphasis on cleanliness, aesthetic merchandising, attention to detail, and safety hazards.
- Operates computerized POS system to sell merchandise and answer customer queries.
- Follows store procedures under supervision for opening and closing, including cash reconciliation.
- Ability to support the fire marshal program.
- Other duties as assigned.
At least 2 years experience in a retail operation, preferably a museum store, or analogous experience sufficient to develop sales, inventory control and cash management skills.
Possess a fun, friendly and gregarious demeanor.
Ability to operate a computer cash register.
Ability to bend, kneel and lift up to 30 pounds.
Maintain a solid work ethic with the ability to multi-task.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Employment contingent on Background/Fingerprint Check.
Please email cover letter and resume as a single MS Word document or PDF attachment to Janelle.Matusovsky@brooklynkids.org and indicate “KidShop Host” followed by your name in the subject line.
No phone calls please. EOE.