Posted on January 27, 2012
Product Relationship Manager
Foundation Center - Product Relationship Manager
THE FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
The mission of the Business Development Unit is to create, develop, enhance, and disseminate a wide range of data-driven products and services with the following goals and objectives: support the information needs of the Center's diverse audiences; enhance our value proposition as the leading source of data on global philanthropy; build our reputation as an innovator embracing the latest technologies and data-delivery platforms; build relationships with key organizations to increase the depth and scope of our data as well as to foster collaborations; and substantially increase earned revenue from current and new products/services.
PRODUCT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (PRM)
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Job Summary: With a focus on maximizing customer satisfaction levels, the Product Relationship Manager's responsibilities are to cultivate and enhance existing relationships while developing and expanding opportunities to introduce our products and services to new customers in order to expand our market penetration and to maximize prospect conversion efforts.
- Utilize cross-selling/up-selling opportunities through predefined Marketing campaigns and/or customer expertise
- Deal with incoming inquiries and act on provided leads to generate new customers
- Maintains and reports weekly on a pipeline of sales activity (cold calls, scheduled meetings-face-to-face or phone, revenue forecasts per quarter and closing timetables.
- Identify, qualify, and coordinate opportunities for institution wide access accounts.
- Achieve specific/individual revenue targets.
- Identify key prospects, qualify, uncover needs and sell new business within assigned territory.
- Maintain good relationships with customers and constructively guide them and new prospects to more effective research tools to build product portfolios.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Foundation Center's electronic products.
- Aggressively prospect and create new opportunities - there will be some generated leads, but candidate must be comfortable with individual outbound efforts (cold calls, email, online demonstrations, etc.) as well.
- Penetrate and develop major accounts and new prospects
- Perform product presentations to prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals
- Work closely with the Director and product managers to determine customer requirements
- Proven track record of 2 to 3 years in a B2B sales role; tactical new business & account development
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Minimum level of education: Bachelor's Degree
- Multi-cultural awareness
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong background and successful track record in prospect identification and conversion to new business
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is desired and a very strong advantage for the successful candidate.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 35%
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Power Point
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Director of Human Resources
The Foundation Center
79 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10003
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line)
Do not telephone
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
For more information on positions available at the Foundation Center please visit our website: http://foundationcenter.org/about/jobs/
The Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.