Posted on January 24, 2012
Sales, Marketing and Outreach Specialist
Girls Leadership Institute
Girls Leadership Institute - California Sales, Marketing and Outreach Specialist
Girls Leadership Institute (GLI) is seeking an experienced marketing and sales professional passionate about girls’ social and emotional development, to help build, grow, and manage GLI programs in Northern California (South Bay, East Bay, San Francisco, and North Bay).
The Sales, Marketing and Outreach Specialist will oversee the marketing, promotion and management of all program/events in these areas, which includes solicitation and sales, marketing/promotions, delivery, as well as fundraising, budget setting, knowledge management, and all external relationship management.
The Marketing and Outreach Specialist will work closely with the GLI Executive Director to:
- Execute an annual plan to achieve regional budget revenue goals, including all GLI programs/events and local fundraising efforts;
- Initiate, develop, organize, implement and follow-through on all GLI programs in the Northern California Bay Area, including (but not limited to) workshops, camps, speaking engagements and partner programs;
- Research and outreach into schools/communities in the Northern California Bay Area; initiate solicitations, schedule programs/workshops, maintain and cultivate relationships to launch, build and grow programs;
- Partner with local organizations to cross-promote, and coordinate marketing efforts;
- Work with local GLI Teaching Staff to secure scheduling and implementation;
- Manage local GLI event planning and execution, including securing venues, publicizing events, handling registration and managing event logistics;
- Support local fundraising strategies, including creating and building relationships such as local sponsorships;
- Track, measure and report on sales and marketing efforts.
The Marketing and Outreach Specialist will work on long-term strategic planning with the Executive Director, representing the specific region.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds an undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing or communication with three to five years of experience (candidates who do not have advanced degrees but have significant work experience in these areas will be considered);
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, a strategic thinker and someone comfortable working independently in a grassroots mode from a home office;
- Knows how to work successfully as part of a dispersed virtual team;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Feels passionate about girls' empowerment and leadership.
Position is salaried, 3/4 time, flexible, and based from home. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends. Local travel required.
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and a list of three references.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, application and references in Word or pdf format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should include your full name and CA Sales, Marketing and Outreach Specialist.