Posted on January 20, 2012
New Media Associate
Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Partnership for a New American Economy
Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Partnership for a New American Economy - New Media Associate
Mayors Against Illegal Guns & Partnership for a New American Economy
Mayors Against Illegal Guns is a bipartisan coalition of more than 600 U.S. mayors working to promote common-sense policies to keep illegal guns out of dangerous hands. The Partnership for a New American Economy is a national coalition of more than 400 mayors and business leaders dedicated to raising awareness of the economic benefits of sensible immigration reform.
These national coalitions, founded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, seek a New Media Associate to assist both organizations’ efforts to engage and educate supporters and the general public through online channels. The position will assist the team in producing unique, creative content and leverage data to effectively target coalition campaigns. The candidate will work as a full-time consultant within the New York City Mayor's Office.
The major responsibilities of the New Media Associate position include:
- Develop and implement strategies for grassroots supporter engagement and enhanced public awareness
- Produce copy and artwork for coalition websites, social media accounts and e-mail campaigns
- Manage and update social media channels and track analytics to report on campaign progress
- Engage other state and national advocacy organizations in new partnerships
- Create marketing materials for coalition events
- Coordinate relationships with vendors
- Help organize press clips on coalition issues and campaigns
- Assist in office administrative tasks, including scheduling, membership maintenance, event preparation and other special projects
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- HTML, database management and video editing experience a plus
- Experience managing and developing social media campaigns
- Broad knowledge of digital platforms
- Ability to work flexible hours
To apply or for additional questions, please send a resume, cover letter and relevant past work to Aaron Kinnari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about each coalition at: