Posted on February 10, 2013
Supply Chain Analyst
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Clinton Health Access Initiative - Supply Chain Analyst
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical, communication, and relationship management skills to fill the position of Supply Chain Analyst based in Liberia.
Reporting to the Country Director or Deputy Country Director, the Analyst will provide technical assistance to the Supply Chain Management Unit (SCMU) of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), and the National Drug Service (NDS).
The Analyst will collaborate with SCMU counterparts to ensure the implementation of MOHSW’s Supply Chain Master Plan, and identify and roll out interventions to improve national supply chain operations and management and reduce stock-outs at all levels. The analyst will work with NDS & SCMU to identify and implement interventions to improve drug distribution from central level down to clinics throughout the country.
- Support the SCMU in implementation of Liberia’s 10 year Supply Chain Master Plan. Partner with them to address supply chain bottlenecks, and develop and implement solutions to improve supply chain operations. Specific activities may include:
- Support implementation of key performance indicators and reports for effective monitoring of performance of supply chain
- Identify bottlenecks in utilization of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) and support corrective measures
- Support SCMU in developing national forecast for Essential Medicines
- Support the National Drug Service (NDS) to improve drug distribution within the country. Specific activities may include
- Support implementation of process improvement initiatives such as cycle counting
- Ensure adherence to national drug distribution calendar.
- Identify bottlenecks in distribution from NDS to county to health facility and support corrective measures
- Provide support to programs such as NACP and NMCP in regular review of consumption data and provide technical assistance in development of national forecast
- Strengthen mechanisms for long-term forecasting and procurement coordination.
- Provide support to the implementation of the Global Fund Round 10 grant for cross cutting interventions in strengthening supply chain management.
- Represent CHAI and forge strong relationships with key stakeholders, including the MOHSW, SCMU, Global Fund Program Management Unit (PMU), NACP, NMCP, National Drug Service (NDS), and major NGO partners.
- Significant travel outside the capital city of Monrovia
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial individuals with strong analytical, managerial, and diplomatic skills are sought for this role. Experience working in a resource-constrained setting is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree. 2-5 years experience working in a consultative capacity; pharmaceutical or supply chain management experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Monitoring and evaluation, process mapping and forecasting experience is an advantage
- Ability to create Excel models and tools to address specific situations and improve working practices
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with partners
- Comfortable working independently with a diverse set of counterparts in a dynamic environment
- Teaching, training or mentoring experience an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to achieve maximum impact and efficiency with limited human and financial resources
- Collaborative, energetic individual with a combination of patience and persistence
- Willingness and ability to travel outside of Monrovia as needed
Please apply here: