Posted on January 31, 2013
Community Schools Coordinator
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving - Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Would you like to be part of an exciting, innovative, public-private partnership, based on a proven holistic model, to improve student success in the City of Hartford? An initiative launched in 2008 in five schools in Hartford, in conjunction with a school reform plan to close the achievement gap between Hartford students and their suburban counterparts, has grown in scale and partnerships. Today, the Hartford Community Schools initiative is providing comprehensive services and supports for children and families to improve student success.
The Hartford Community Schools Coordinator will be employed by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, the community foundation for the 29-town Greater Hartford region, and out-stationed within Hartford Public Schools (HPS), supervised by the Director of the Hartford Partnership for Student Success. The Hartford Community Schools Coordinator’s role is to ensure the implementation and ongoing operation of high-quality community schools in Hartford.
Working closely with school based teams including the principal, site-based community school directors and other lead agency staff, the coordinator will monitor fidelity to the community schools model and outcomes as well as identify and secure necessary training and supports for site staff. This individual will focus on research-based best practices, and to that end will be responsible for fostering a culture of continuous learning within the Hartford Community Schools network.
- Ensure fidelity to, and quality implementation of, the community schools model in Hartford in partnership with principals, designated lead agencies, and site directors.
- Conduct regular site visits to all community school sites to assess community school implementation.
- Conduct regular site visits to all community school sites to assess implementation of high quality, research-based after school programs.
- Track progress of community school sites against the four point outcomes framework (student, school, family and community outcomes) developed for/by Hartford Community Schools.
- Identify areas of need for additional coaching, training and technical assistance support; secure and or deliver support as necessary.
- Develop internal and identify external training opportunities to advance capacity within the system of Hartford Community Schools.
- Develop quarterly reports for funders and leadership on the progress of Hartford Community Schools both individually and as a cohort.
- Work with external evaluators to support data collection efforts for Hartford Community Schools.
- Work with internal HPS evaluation staff and/or contractors to support evaluation efforts for Hartford Community Schools.
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate logistics for Hartford Community Schools Network meetings.
- Promote a network of learning and resource sharing amongst Hartford Community Schools
- Provide staff support to the Hartford Community Schools working group.
Successful experience working with public school systems, including the development of community schools, achieving excellent results for all constituents
Proven commitment to school success, student achievement, and positive child, youth, and family development
Knowledge of current trends in community schools, public education, youth development, and family systems
Familiarity with data and evaluation protocols to track program success and outcomes attainment
Experience operating within a standards based approach to program design and delivery
Experience identifying needs, developing and delivering training to support staff and program improvement
Exceptional written and oral communication skills, proven organizational and interpersonal skills
Master’s degree in social work, education or related field
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position to:
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer, requiring a diverse group of individuals to achieve our mission.
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is the community foundation for the 29-town Greater Hartford, Connecticut region, dedicated to improving the quality of life for area residents. One of the oldest and largest community foundations in the country, the Hartford Foundation receives gifts from thousands of generous individuals, families and organizations, working with them to help them achieve their charitable goals. Since 1925, the Foundation has awarded grants of more than $532 million, and provided a host of other support and training services, to a broad range of area nonprofit organizations. In 2011, the Foundation adopted a new strategic framework, called Accelerate Success, through which the Foundation will work collaboratively with other institutions, organizations and the community, to improve the educational and career success of residents of the Greater Hartford region. For more information about the Hartford Foundation, visit www.hfpg.
org or call 860-548-1888.