Posted on January 13, 2013
Foundation Relations Manager
American Islamic Congress
American Islamic Congress - Foundation Relations Manager
The American Islamic Congress (AIC) is a non-profit, non-religious civic organization which supports interfaith and intercultural understanding, human rights, and civil freedoms through social entrepreneurship, leadership training, civic engagement, and advocacy. Our U.S. based programs promote intercultural understanding and dialogue, educate the U.S. public about Muslim affairs and demonstrate the diversity of the Muslim world. Our Middle East/North Africa region programs promote human and civil rights. AIC is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Boston, Tunis, Cairo, Basrah, and Baghdad.
AIC seeks a Foundations Relations Manager to manage a portfolio of domestic and international grants. The Foundation Relations Manager reports to the Director of Development and has full responsibility for the grants process from start to finish with current and prospective grant makers. S/he will also cultive and steward relationships with current and prospect donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with U.S. and international program staff to develop and write high-quality grant proposals and reports while meeting funder requirements, deadlines, and specifications.
Identify and research new sources of foundation and government funding, keep up to date on giving trends.
With program staff, cultivate relationships with foundation program officers and representatives and effectively steward relationships with current funders.
Accurately represent AIC's programming to foundation and government audiences.
With Finance staff, make sure grant records are properly maintained and funds are allocated properly.
Input Foundation contact reports, gifts, and deadlines into Donor Perfect.
Support team efforts around AIC’s annual fundraising efforts including special events.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent professional writing and editing skills.
- 3 years development/ fundraising experience in the non-profit sector.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Familiarity with both private and public fund sources.
- Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively, with individuals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and web-based research; experience with Donor Perfect a bonus.
- Personal commitment to the mission of AIC.
- Experience with the Middle East/North Africa region is a bonus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org