Posted on October 13, 2012
Americas Society - Grant Writer
Americas Society seeks an experienced Grant Writer to become an integral member of our four-person Development team. The position reports to the Senior Director, Foundation and Institutional Giving, and will work closely with the Senior Director to secure grants from foundations and government agencies and contributions from individuals for the organization’s Culture programs, with work in other areas as assigned.
- Research and identify new foundation and/or government prospects for individual programs and projects as well as general program support.
- Communicate grant opportunities and develop strategies with the Senior Director.
- Liaise with Culture teams to understand and articulate programmatic content.
- Write and prepare letters of inquiry, grant proposals and applications for support from foundations and government agencies.
- Track grant prospects, deadlines, submissions, and awards.
- Write grant acknowledgement letters, and grant narrative and financial reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree—Master’s degree preferred--and a minimum of 5 years fundraising experience in arts and culture, including prospect research and successful grant proposal writing.
- Experience working on government agency online applications a must.
- Knowledge of Latin America and arts and culture from the region strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills, initiative, energy and enthusiasm. Ability to undertake multiple projects and meet regular deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, prospect research software, and Raisers Edge.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language proficiency a plus.
Americas Society is an EOE and offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as outstanding benefits including an excellent health and dental plan, vacation and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
About Americas Society, Inc. (www.as-coa.org)
Americas Society is the premier nonprofit organization dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Established by David Rockefeller in 1965, its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Americas Society’s Culture programs in Literature, Music and Visual Arts programs are renowned as the leading authority on and premier presenter of arts and culture from Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, increasing US recognition of distinguished and emerging cultural figures from the region, and providing a forum for diverse voices and innovative cultural developments.
For more information, please visit our website at www.as-coa.org.
For consideration, please submit a resume, grant writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Senior Director, Foundation & Institutional Giving, 680 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10065. No phone calls please.