Posted on October 10, 2012
Community Outreach Coordinator
Community Housing Network
Community Housing Network - Community Housing Network
The Community Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the Housing Resource Center Director and is responsible for ensuring appropriate CHN representation at community events and for helping to ensure information about CHN services and programs is adequately communicated to stakeholders and persons seeking services.
Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule, develop content for and present monthly Renter Readiness Workshops in all counties served by CHN
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining successful relationships and collaborations with other local service providers; represent CHN through involvement with the Alliance for Housing in Oakland County and the Macomb Homeless Coalition; serve on appropriate committees including Chair positions
- Maintain expert knowledge of all programs and services provided by CHN; make presentations to community partners and other appropriate audiences, as needed
- Ensure that CHN is appropriately represented at all applicable community events and outreach opportunities; coordinate the attendance of CHN staff, ensure staff have necessary supplies (i.e. brochures and equipment) for events and maintain attendance/involvement records for CHN
- Maintain the inventory and reservation schedule for all supplies (i.e. promotional materials, flyers, brochures, etc.) and equipment (i.e. projectors) needed for all community events and outreach opportunities
- Serve as Field Instructor to interns at CHN including those who are master’s level social work students in accordance to specific educational institution requirements
- Publish the CHN Housing Resources newsletter monthly
- Maintain CHN’s website relative to community events and involvement
- Work closely with the Directors and Managers or housing programs to ensure current knowledge of available services and eligibility criteria
- Work closely with the CHN Community Relations Manager to fulfill relative strategic goals of CHN
- Supervise, monitor and complete reporting requirements of the Community Voice Mail System with collaboration from participating programs at CHN
- Other duties as assigned
- MUST be a Master’s Level Social Worker with a minimum of a limited license as well as two years post graduate clinical experience.
- Ability to obtain a valid certificate for Recipient Rights Training within 30 days of employment in this position.
- Must possess proficient computer skills, the ability to be well-organized, pro-active and self-directed.
- Must also be attentive to details and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
- Required insurance coverage (100/300/100 coverage) is required for business use of personal vehicle
Please apply online HERE
No phone calls please.