Posted on June 18, 2012
Retirement Research Foundation
Retirement Research Foundation - Office Administrator
The Retirement Research Foundation, a national leader in aging philanthropy seeks an experienced administrative professional who wants to be a part of an organization that makes a difference. The position of Office Administrator involves handling multiple projects at any given time while remaining focused on critical details. The Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of key administrative functions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and an individual with strong written and verbal communication abilities. S/he is diplomatic, a team player, and possesses solid interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate, organize, and maintain efficient office operations;
Respond to requests for information from the public, grant seekers, and the Board of Trustees;
Perform basic bookkeeping tasks, such as entering vendor information and invoices, printing checks, and producing reports from accounting software;
Coordinate grant payments with the Grants & Technology Administrator;
Assist with budget preparation and the annual audit;
Coordinate and support board and committee meeting logistics such as catering, room set-up, etc.
Provide clerical support: greet visitors, answer and redirect phone calls, make photocopies, file, compose routine correspondence, mail or fax documents, etc.
Act as a liaison with building management;
Special projects as assigned.
The Office Administrator will be a full-time employee of the Foundation with competitive compensation and benefits. The Foundation is located near O’Hare airport and is convenient to public transportation.
- Five or more years of administrative professional experience;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Experience in office and business management and bookkeeping;
- Excellent verbal, writing, proofreading, and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills;
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases;
- Proficiency conducting Internet research;
- A high degree of ethical business standards, judgment and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and demonstrate personal initiative;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to details and accuracy;
- Dedication to the Foundation’s mission.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to OA@rrf.org
No phone inquiries