Posted on August 27, 2012
St. Barnabas Senior Services
St. Barnabas Senior Services - Development Associate
St. Barnabas Senior Center (SBSS) provides and promotes a continuum of innovative services that empower a diverse community of elders to live well, feel well, and age well.
Job Posting: Development Associate
St. Barnabas Senior Services, a nonprofit agency that has been serving aging and impoverished seniors residing in the urban center of Los Angeles for over 100 years, seeks an experienced professional to join its Development Office as a Development Associate. This individual will be an integral member of the Development Department in creating, executing and continuously evaluating for effectiveness a comprehensive fundraising plan. The position is full-time and reports to the Vice President of Development and Strategic Initiatives.
The ideal candidate:
- is passionate about the mission of the organization;
- has excellent writing skills - ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and reports, strong editing skills, and high-level command of grammar and spelling; understands financial budgets and program management tasks;
- is able to develop measurement metrics in order to demonstrate needs and outcomes;
- is experienced in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data;
- is experienced in developing fundraising appeals (particularly using social media)
- has experience coordinating fundraising events
- is highly organized and efficient; uses independent judgment to produce a quality work product within tight time constraints; has high professional standards, attention to detail, and commitment to meet deadlines; has fluency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); has ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals; has a Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand agency’s history, programs, and vision
- Perform research to evaluate prospects for government, corporate and foundation grants, and individual donors
- Write government, corporate, and foundation grant proposals
- Write progress reports as required by government, corporate and foundation donors
- Develop and implement fundraising appeals
- Coordinate fundraising events
- Assist in maintaining a donor database and ensuring timely and relevant communication with constituents
- Work collaboratively with St. Barnabas staff and volunteers to meet the goals of the agency
- Assist with fundraising projects, as requested.
This position will be located in Los Angeles, California.
This position is an exempt, salaried position with an annual range of $45,000 to $50,000 depending upon experience. Health benefits and generous vacation and holiday time off benefits included.
Please email cover letter, résumé, references, salary history and salary expectations to:
Human Resources Generalist
St. Barnabas Senior Services
Deadline for applying is Friday, August 31, 2012.