Posted on January 15, 2013
Senior Associate Director, Scripps Fund-Parents Fundraising
Scripps College - Senior Associate Director
Scripps College invites applications for the position of Senior Associate Director of the Scripps Fund-Parents Fundraising. Reporting to the Executive Director for Alumnae and Parent Engagement and the Scripps Fund, the Senior Associate Director will plan and execute fundraising efforts, events, and communication to engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward parent donors to the Scripps Fund.
Current and past parents are generous supporters of Scripps College and the Scripps Fund. Annually members of the Scripps Association of Families donate between $700,000 and $800,000 to the Scripps Fund. We are seeking a motivated, energetic fundraising professional who has experience with annual solicitation to continue the established momentum and grow the program. As a strategy to achieve this goal, the Scripps Fund seeks to engage parent volunteers to develop a core of peer-to-peer fundraisers. The Scripps Fund welcome applicants who are goal-oriented, work well independently and as team members, and have the knowledge and skills to step into a strong program and achieve further success.
- Develop and implement annual overall parent fundraising and engagement strategy. Craft integrated marketing plan, operating plan, and operating calendar in coordination with Scripps Fund, Major Gifts, and Gift Planning staff. Participate in long-range Scripps Fund planning and goal-setting.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for parents of current students, parents of alumnae, and grandparents. Set and achieve parent and grandparent fundraising goals for the Scripps Fund. Work toward specific dollar and donor goals with a specific emphasis on Ellen Browning Scripps Society level gifts and upgrades.
- Develop and manage the Scripps Association of Families (SAF) volunteers to increase parent engagement with the College. Within the SAF, develop a volunteer solicitation core of parents who are willing to engage in peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Solicit parents face-to-face and over the telephone for gifts up to and including $10,000. Manage personal portfolio of parent prospects for the Scripps Fund. National travel required.
- Write, develop, design, and coordinate integrated marketing, including Scripps Fund brochures, solicitations, correspondence, website, and related materials in support of parent Scripps Fund objectives. Innovate communications with parents using social media and participate in the creation of a new parent-focused web portal. Seek additional opportunities to promote the College's work to parents.
- Plan and execute parent events including events geared specifically for parents such as regional receptions at parents' homes, events at New Student Orientation, and Family Weekend.
- Handle special projects to assist in the fundraising efforts of the Scripps Fund.
Bachelor's Degree. A minimum of three years of experience in development preferred or experience in a related field (i.e., sales/marketing, public relations, non-profit management). Proven verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to reach goals in a timely fashion; ability to work both independently and with a team. Experience soliciting gifts and cultivating prospective donors. Experience managing volunteers. Ability to work some evenings and weekends and to travel frequently. Management experience preferred.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: scrippsHR@scrippscollege.edu