Posted on September 6, 2012
Donor Relations Associate
Brooklyn Community Services
Brooklyn Community Services - Donor Relations Associate
Brooklyn Community Services (BCS) is one of Brooklyn’s oldest and largest non-sectarian social services agencies. BCS, which presently serves more than 10,000 individuals annually, is committed to a broad and diverse range of services including prevention of foster care placement; crisis intervention; early childhood and after school education; and vocational training, job placement, and clinical services to adults with physical and developmental disabilities, and histories of mental illness.
- Manage BCS’s Raisers Edge donor base and produce donor acknowledgement letters. Run reports as needed.
- Work closely with Chief Officer for External Relations and Advancement and Major Gifts Officer to support stewardship and fundraising efforts, including preparing donor profiles for major donor portfolios. Participate in strategic meetings to build the major donor program.
- Conduct prospect research, enter potential donors into the system, and provide profiles and reports for meetings and solicitations.
- Track renewal and campaign results and provide reports to conduct solicitation and follow-up.
- Assist at fundraising events, including set-up and breakdown, greeting guests, registration table and working with volunteers.
- Participate in and support the External Relations and Advancement activities as assigned.
BA degree required; excellent skills in Raiser’s Edge, Excel, and Word required. Related work experience required. Strong attention to detail and accuracy; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team; flexibility to changing work assignments and priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Email cover letter to:
Sonya Shields, Chief Officer, External Affairs and Advancement
In subject line write: Donor Relations