Posted on December 13, 2012
Fundraising Specialist (Foundations)
UNICEF - Fundraising Specialist (Foundations)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The specialist will provide support to the manager in developing, coordinating, negotiating and monitoring strategic alliances and engagements with private foundations and corporate partners with a primary focus on the grant making and private foundations community. This staff member will also be responsible to guide Country Offices and National Committees in the development of strategies for mobilizing resources and building successful alliances with private sector partners (private and grant making foundations and corporate partners.)
- Advanced university degree in Business Management, Communication, Public Relations; Marketing: or equivalent professional work experience in Fundraising and sponsorships, combined with a university degree in a related field.
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Five years of relevant work experience including experience working directly with grant making private foundation community and in corporate fundraising/engagement, communications, partnership development, marketing and project management. Knowledge of current trends, theories and practices in private foundation grant making, fundraising, and private sector partnership development.
- Fluency in English required; another UN language an asset.
- has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking,
- is able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
- sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals;
- has good leadership and supervisory skills;
- co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear;
- quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups;
- maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments;
- translates strategic direction into plans and objectives;
- negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities;
- demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise; and
- will seek and propose opportunities for advancing UNICEF's mission
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
To Apply: Visit the UNICEF employment website at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php, register and search for the job description Fundraising Specialist (Foundations), P-3, PFP, New York. All applications must be completed and received by December 18, 2012 for consideration.