Posted on July 11, 2012
Director, Research and Evaluation
New York Women's Foundation
New York Women’s Foundation - Director, Research and Evaluation
The New York Women’s Foundation (NYWF) is seeking an experienced research professional to head its research and evaluation activities. The Director will report to the VP, Operations and Strategic Learning.
The Director must have a demonstrated track record with responsibility for program evaluation, research and both qualitative and quantitative assessment strategies in the field of philanthropy or social science directly related or analogous to NYWF grantmaking areas. The Director plays a critical role in developing and implementing strategies to assess the impact of the Foundation’s work. Primary responsibilities include: a) design, implement and manage evaluation strategies and tools, data collection, analysis and reports; b) provide expertise and support to staff to increase their understanding and utilization of evaluation; c) publish and present findings from internal and external funded research and evaluation studies; d) oversee the production of research and evaluation reports, briefs and other related publications produced by the Foundation; and e) provide capacity building training and technical assistance to grantee partners.
- Minimally masters-level degree required in social science or related field, Ph.D. preferred
- At least three to five years participating in research and evaluations specifically designed for real-time learning
- Demonstrated experience in translating complex research and evaluation concepts and results for multiple audiences
- Highly motivated and creative strategic thinker with excellent project management, analytical and proven writing and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software and programming
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges that impact economic security for women and families
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter and resume to:
The New York Women's Foundation
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CALLS PLEASE.