Posted on August 23, 2011
Director of Student Affairs
ALPFA - Director of Student Affairs
ALPFA is seeking a talented, passionate individual to fill its current Director of Student Affairs open position, located in Los Angeles, CA. This individual will be working in a fast-paced, growing environment in which strong communication, organization, innovation and team-player skills are a must.
This position exists to assist in the development of student programs for the organization. Also, to oversee, support, and maintain ALPFA student chapters' structure and operations. The Director of Student Affairs serves as a liaison with organization's professional members, student members, and corporate sponsors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, under pressure and tight deadlines, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial. This role involves actively working with members from the local professional and student chapters, membership, programs, marketing & branding, online communications, and corporate development departments to successfully ensure ongoing execution.
- Promote ALPFA Student initiatives to student member base
- Organize and manage professional development workshops, student scholarship programs, case competitions, and regional student symposiums
- Foster and maintain student chapters network
- Provide support to professional and student chapters
- Develop, manage, and execute regional student symposiums
- Support ALPFA Convention student track
- Manage and assist in developing Student scholarship programs
- Travel: travel required (about 30%) within the U.S.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Pamela Ravare-Jones, ALPFA Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
801 S. Grand Ave Suite 650
Los Angeles, CA 90017