Posted on July 12, 2012
Girls for Gender Equity
Girls for Gender Equity - Office Manager
Girls for Gender Equity (GGE) is an intergenerational, grassroots organization committed to the physical, psychological, social and economic development of girls and women. Through education, organizing and physical fitness, GGE encourages communities to remove barriers and create opportunities for girls and women to live self-determined lives.
GGE targets New York City public schools based in underserved communities of color as sites to mobilize and collectively work toward gender, race and class equity. GGE is the umbrella organization for three core programs and multiyear campaigns -- Community Organizing, Urban Leaders Academy and Health and Fitness. GGE has established a dual approach to grassroots organizing and direct service that develops youth leadership and strengthens resources within the communities we serve.
As our organization continues to grow, we are seeking a full-time Office Manager who firmly believes in feminist/womanist theory to join the administrative team and help move the agency closer to its mission and vision. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
OM Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement standard operating procedure (SOP) and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Coordination of administrative activities, retrieving, organizing and disseminating information to staff and participants.
- Maintain current physical and electronic office filing systems.
- Responsible for many administrative aspects of small office including responding to inquiries, and assisting the public via phone and email.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory; ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Creating spreadsheets, presentations, documents and reports.
- Ensuring security and confidentiality of data.
- Monitoring and recording petty cash expenditures.
- Maintain strategic communications - Responsible for all social media efforts, including updating content management website, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and others.
- Insuring that various publications are up-to-date.
- Assist with marketing program – including production of small special events, fundraisers, and other marketing initiatives including publications and promotional programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent public speaking, personable; energetic, creative; excellent telephone manner; enjoy assisting people & working in small office.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Social media and strategic communications skills.
- Strong problem assessment skills.
- Take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-3 years of professional work experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, able to work independently and multi-task.
Job Description: Office Manager
- Excellent technology skills including all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), content management website, blogs, social media, and databases.
- Light knowledge of accounting, human resources, and business management principles and procedures.
- Physically able to lift min. 25 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience including full health care benefits and paid vacation.
The candidate must be prepared to make at least a 2-year commitment to this position. There is room to grow within the organization.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com - No phone calls or faxes will be accepted. Applicants considered for the position will be contacted. Learn more about GGE at www.ggenyc.org.
Girls for Gender Equity (GGE) is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ applicants.
No calls just emails