Posted on November 28, 2012
Vice President, Employer and Business Development
FEGS Health and Human Services System
FEGS Health and Human Services - Vice President, Employer and Business Development
Background: F∙E∙G∙S Health and Human Services System (“F∙E∙G∙S”) is one of the largest and most diversified not-for-profit health and human service organizations in the United States. Its mission is to help each person achieve greater independence at work, at home, at school and in the community by providing high quality, cost efficient services that meet the ever-changing needs of business, government and society. Established in 1934, F E G S was founded by UJA-Federation to find employment for unemployed men and women and combat discrimination in the workplace. Today, F E G S’ programs assist more than 100,000 individuals and families a year – some 10,000 a day in over 350 facilities and programs throughout the greater New York area.
FEGS' budget of $300 million supports a workforce of 8,000, including staff, volunteers and interns. The organization’s diversified service delivery system is comprised of a network of programs and resources in the areas of Health, Disabilities, HomeCare, Housing, Employment, Education, Youth and Families. Twelve subsidiary corporations, including both not-for-profit and for-profit enterprises are an integral part of the F E G S Health and Human Services System. F E G S additionally provides management assistance, infrastructure support, capacity building and technical assistance to government, business and the not-for-profit sectors both nationally and internationally.
The Position: The employment and workforce development division of FEGS is a $70 million division of the larger parent organization. With a staff of 1,000 assisting more than 50,000 clients annually, this division is one of the largest providers of employment and workforce services in the country. Reporting to the Executive Vice President and working as part of an integrated team of executive leadership, the Vice President, Employer & Business Development will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive strategy to market and represent the organization to the employer and business communities for the purpose of identifying and developing a diverse range of job, internship, training and other business opportunities to benefit F∙E∙G∙S’ clients.
- Provide executive leadership, oversight and cultivation of all employer relationships and business development activities in support of the organization’s employment and workforce portfolio of programs.
- Establish a strong working partnership with the operating executives of all of the organization’s employment and workforce operations and programs built on a shared vision of needs and plans to support our employment and workforce strategy and activities.
- Responsible for recruiting and building a small talented team of Account and Sales Managers who can develop strong and enduring business relationships and employer accounts that can be serviced by the organizations employment and workforce programs.
- Oversee and lead an effort to build a coordinated and effective infrastructure strategy using state of the art technology systems for seamlessly disseminating job and other employer leads, keeping track and reporting on all activity on employer/business accounts and communicating results to government and other sources.
- Establish an on-going pipeline of opportunities to support the human capital planning needs of employers across a range of sectors in the economy and build a branding and marketing strategy to communicate a unified message promoting the resources of F∙E∙G∙S to the employer community.
- Identify new and emerging ways of collaborating with companies and employers around workforce services and develop products, other services and resources that can be marketed and delivered by F∙E∙G∙S to employers.
- Provide strategic leadership , direction and support to the organization’s Business Advisory Committee (“BAC”) and leverage opportunities through this Committee to benefit F∙E∙G∙S.
- Represent and promote F∙E∙G∙S’ interests at industry and trade events, job fairs and other symposia where employment, workforce, human capital planning and other business development opportunities are discussed.
- Ensure that effective management systems, controls and business reporting systems are in place and report regularly on activities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- An advanced degree with emphasis in Business Administration or Public Administration preferred
- A well established and proven track record of at least 15 years progressively responsible senior management level experience in one or more of the following industries: employment/workforce development, talent recruitment & staffing, and/or human resources of which at least 10 years have included significant responsibility for sales and new business development
- A broad and deep knowledge of employment, workforce and staffing, in addition to automated systems supporting these operations
- Superior leadership, team building and operations skills
- Ability to motivate a sales and business development workforce
- Effective, articulate and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Experience and a proven track record of corporate and business contacts that can be accessed and leveraged
- Committed to the mission, purpose and values of F∙E∙G∙S with the desire to capitalize on and be part of the team that impacts the organization’s future
For more information about F•E•G•S Health and Human Services System, please visit their website at www.fegs.org.
F•E•G•S Health and Human Services System has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner or Anne McCarthy, Senior Director
Harris Rand Lusk
261 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor New York, NY 10016