Posted on January 30, 2013
Special Assistant, Office of the President
Special Assistant - Office of the President, PETA
To work on specific projects, as assigned by the president, to help promote the
goals of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct research, prepare analyses, and suggest strategies
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files and briefing papers
- Draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and requests, utilizing
discretion and independent judgment
- Oversee Web content related to assigned projects
- Travel within and outside the U.S. on assignments
- Write speeches, give talks, and attend functions
- Perform any other duties, as assigned by the supervisor
To Apply: Apply online.
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of research experience
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Previous public-speaking experience and the ability to comfortably
create and deliver presentations
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. drivers'
license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Support for PETA’s philosophy and the ability to professionally
advocate PETA’s positions on issues
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization