Posted on December 8, 2012
PHI - Development Writer
PHI seeks a Development Writer to assist us
in our fundraising efforts. Based at our Bronx office and reporting to PHI’s Development Director, the Development Writer will work closely with the development team, our President, and our program staff to strengthen PHI’s impact.
The ideal candidate will bring successful experience with foundation fundraising and a demonstrated talent for writing clear, compelling proposals and reports. PHI offers an exciting, fast-evolving environment in which to strengthen those skills and positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of people each year.
Introduction to PHI
PHI (www.phinational.org) is the nation’s leading authority on the direct-care workforce. In the Bronx, throughout the city, and across the U.S., we promote quality jobs as the foundation for quality care for elders and individuals living with disabilities.
PHI works closely with three affiliates—Cooperative Home Care Associates, Independence Care System, and Home Care Associates of Philadelphia—to improve the lives of thousands of inner-city residents. The Development Writer will help PHI to take advantage of growing local and national opportunities, through and beyond a challenging recession.
With two decades of history serving the South Bronx, PHI is now based at 400 E. Fordham Road. We are located within a quarter-block of the Metro North Fordham Road stop and MTA Bronx bus routes, within walking distance of several major New York City subway lines, and within easy commuting distance from Westchester County, North Jersey, and Connecticut.
- Authoring and editing concise, clear fundraising materials.
- Helping to expand PHI’s funding sources.
- Helping to coordinate a range of fundraising meetings, visits, and events.
For fundraising professionals interested in aging and disabilities issues, workforce development, women’s issues, and issues of social justice, work as a PHI Development Writer would offer an exciting opportunity for career growth.
The position is full-time, with competitive salary and benefits.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline).
- One or more years of experience writing foundation-facing materials.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- An ability to manage projects—independently and in collaboration with staff and affiliates—in a complex, fast-evolving environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with successful completion of a writing/edit test a requirement for finalist candidates.
To apply, email a one-page cover letter, with a résumé and one writing sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Development Writer” in the subject line. The application period will close as of December 31, 2012.