Posted on August 22, 2012
Seamen's Church Institute
Development Coordinator, Seamen's Church Institute of NY & NJ
The Development Coordinator functions as an important member of the Development Team. This full-time position reports to the Director of Development, requiring independent work as well as collaboration on team projects.
The Coordinator works closely with the team members in a supporting role, assisting various functions of the department, including research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions.
Development Coordinator will:
- Maintain SCI’s Raiser’s Edge database, including maintaining donor records, generating reports for development team members, creating and managing direct mail and email campaign lists;
- Receive visitors, arrange conference calls, schedule meetings and answer the phones for the New York office;
- Work directly with the Director of Development on managing other users of donor database and update all Campaigns, Funds, and Appeals coding in Raiser’s Edge in conjunction with the Finance Department;
- Process online donations and coordinate the entry of all donations into Raiser’s Edge database;
- Prepare all acknowledgement letters and correspondence to financial contributors;
- Serves as support for development team members on special projects and special events;
- Other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate has Raiser’s Edge experience and demonstrates strong project management skills. Must have good oral and written skills. This position works out of SCI’s New York office.
This full-time position offers attractive salary, health and retirement benefits including a matching 403(b) retirement plan.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) resume; 2) contact information for three references; 3) salary history; and 4) recent writing sample.