Posted on February 22, 2013
Gift Planning Associate
International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee - Gift Planning Associate
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, we offer lifesaving care and assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
A growing part of the IRC’s External Relations department, the Leadership Gifts unit is composed of the Major Gifts and Planned Giving unit and the Corporate and Foundation Relations unit, which together raise more than $30 million annually from individual donors, donor-advised funds, foundations, and corporations.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Gift Planning Associate is an integral member of the MGPG team. The Associate will manage the important function of bringing to fruition bequest gifts, managing charitable gift annuities, and working with the deputy director to manage the budget. The Associate will carry a portfolio of trust and estate attorneys and donors family members. This is a growth position for a professional interested in advancing in fundraising and planned giving.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Realize bequest gifts by carefully tracking and following up estates, and crafting gift acknowledgments;
- Build relationships with estate executors, attorneys, and financial institutions;
- Manage the gift annuity program, including developing proposals, crafting contracts and acknowledgments, and liaising with our annuity administrator and relationship managers;
- Support gift planning officers and deputy and director to execute cross-cutting strategies that identify, cultivate and solicit planned giving gifts;
- Draft cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation materials;
- Coordinate marketing logistics pertaining to planned giving appeals, newsletters and website;
- Work with Deputy Director to manage the MGPG Unit’s budget;
- Track and report on bequests and life income gifts on a monthly basis, collect data for analysis of bequest donors and update information on donors and prospects in the databases and hard-copy files;
- Provide administrative support, and assist with processing of Major Gifts mailings, including project coordination and mail merges.
- Perform additional tasks and participate in special projects, as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least 2-4 years progressive experience preferred in fundraising, or related experience in banking, communications and marketing, law, account managements, customer service, or related fields;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to be extremely detail-oriented;
- Passion for the IRC’s mission to bring refugees from harm to home;
- Interest in a career in fundraising/development and a desire to grow in the field of Gift Planning;
- The ability to work independently and accurately in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated database management skills, previous experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully interact with a variety of people by phone, in writing and in person;
- Ability to use sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and the ability to take initiative and work pro-actively;
- Solid Computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Word, Excel, email and internet applications. Familiarity with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge, PIDI, PG Calc) preferred.
Please apply online: http://bit.ly/XORGyH .