Posted on October 2, 2012
Clinician, Bilingual, (Part-Time)
STAND! For Families Free of Violence
STAND! For Families Free of Violence - Clinician, Bilingual, (Part-Time)
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a multicultural organization that recognizes the devastating impact family violence and abuse and neglect of children, have within families. We lead the community in building safe and strong families through early detection, enhanced supportive services, community prevention and education, and empowering victims to rebuild their lives. Read more about our mission-driven agency at www.standffov.org.
About the Bilingual Clinician
STAND! seeks a part time (20 hours per week) Bilingual (Spanish / English) Clinician to provide therapeutic services to children, families and couples individually, and in groups. STAND!’s clinicians provide these services in the community, in client’s homes, and at other locations, as assigned.
The clinician will develop service plans with clients, assess children, families and individuals, and conduct individual, group and family therapy sessions. They will also counsel and consult with the client, family, and professional staff and community agencies, regarding recommendations for services, and advocate for their clients. The clinician provides full case management services, including monitoring, supporting and assisting their clients with life skills, education, socialization, and other social rehabilitative services.
This position will also perform crisis intervention to provide support and assistance in problem resolution and to coordinate or arrange for the provision of needed services.
Robust and secure data collection is a vital part of service provision, and the Clinician will maintains records in compliance with state and local requirements, including HIPPA requirements.
To meet the needs of our clients, the successful candidate for this position must have fluent Spanish / English skills, and have had a minimum of two years recent experience working with children. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements. The following is also required:
Possession of one of the following professional licenses, either:
- a) Valid license as a Clinical Social Worker issued by the State of California, Board of Behavioral Science Examiners; or
- b) Valid license as a Marriage and Family Therapist issued by the State of California, Board of Behavioral Science Examiners; or
- c) Valid license as a Psychologist issued by the State of California Board of Medical Quality Assurance, Psychology Examining Committee.
Substitution for License:
Possession of a Masters’ Degree in psychology or closely related behavioral science field from an accredited college or university, and registration with the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners as a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (MFT-I) or an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW) is acceptable. As a condition of continued employment, incumbents qualifying under this substitution pattern must complete the training and experience requirements necessary to obtain licensure with the time periods prescribed by the governing bodies administering the issuance of these licenses.
The ideal candidate for any position at STAND! For Families Free of Violence will be a good team player, resourceful, dependable, ethical and resilient. This candidate will also be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate initiative, good judgment and passion for helping others. The bilingual clinician will have had a minimum 2 years recent clinical experience working with children and families, and should be able to work evenings and weekends to accommodate assigned clients.
We consider the following basic requirements for employment with us:
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially using, Word, Excel, customized databases and Outlook
- Commitment to maintain shelter-site confidentiality
- Understanding of the Agency’s mission and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients in all circumstances
- Reliable vehicle, valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and clean driving record (MVR will be run prior to hire and periodically thereafter)
- Employment contingent upon clear fingerprint and criminal history check
Employment contingent upon successful completion of U.S. Department of Justice Form I9
- Experience working with clients impacted by domestic violence and abuse with specialized knowledge of trauma
- Knowledge of Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Parent Child Psychotherapy, Motivational Interviewing, Nurturing Parenting and EMDR
Hourly range $18.43 to $19.34, DOE, plus 5% bilingual differential. Regular STAND! employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in dental and vision plans, life and AD&D insurance, voluntary acupuncture and chiropractic insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 403(B) plan, (matched after 1 year); and to earn pro-rated vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and the names of three supervisory references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Bilingual Clinician” in the subject line. You can also fax your information to: (925) 265-6954, or mail to: Human Resources, STAND! For Families Free of Violence, 1410 Danzig Plaza, Concord, CA 94520.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified persons of all backgrounds to apply