Posted on August 21, 2012
Assistant to the CEO
Single Stop USA
Assistant to the CEO, Single Stop USA
Single Stop USA seeks to hire a high level aid possessing experience, initiative and commitment to support CEO in all aspects of daily operations and to aid additional Senior Staff as needed. Appropriate candidate must be a critical thinker, must be able to quickly process and prioritize complex tasks and ideas, and must be able to provide administrative support, as well as assist the CEO in dealing with substantive program and policy issues. Candidate will be able to respond immediately to direction and will also possess the ability to initiate action and manage up when required. Candidate will also serve as gate-keeper for CEO as needed and must possess excellent communication and writing skills, as well as experience managing schedules, meetings, and correspondence in a fast-paced, non-profit, office environment. The special assistant will play a critical role as the liaison between SSUSA executives and staff members, grantees, consultants and other partners. He/she must be a proven self-starter with the ability to simultaneously manage a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Manages executive calendars and coordinates meetings both internally, and with external partners, consultants and executive assistants;
Creates memos and correspondence;
Drafts, edits, proofreads and/or summarizes high-level documents and reports to be reviewed by SSUSA executives;
Provides daily briefings on relevant issues and initiatives;
Schedules, coordinates, arranges and, on occasion, attends high level executive meetings with government, not-for-profit and private sector leaders including but not limited to SSUSA board members;
Prepares and delivers briefing materials to senior staff attending such meetings. Conducts pre-meeting research for every meeting to prepare said briefing materials;
Assumes full responsibility for communications (written and otherwise) on behalf of CEO and senior staff as requested;
Attends internal staff and task force meetings on behalf of CEO and reports out on key findings and appropriate next steps;
Conducts program and policy research and produces reports, memos and presentations as requested;
Enters CEO and executive time under the time and attendance systems;
Organizes staff events. Assists development with VIP meetings and site visits, and operations with board meetings;
Maintains databases that contain confidential records, including donor lists;
Coordinates executive travel and meeting schedules and arranges reservations as needed;
Manages executive expense reports;
Assists with other administrative and programmatic tasks as deemed necessary by senior staff members.
- Has a commitment to and passion for the mission and values of Single Stop USA;
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- 2-5 years of experience as an executive/administrative assistant strongly preferred;
- Demonstrable superior writing and editing skills;
- Is organized, detail oriented and an excellent proof reader;
- Has excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects at once;
- Knows and can master Microsoft, Excel, power point and outlook products;
- Is professional and has experience dealing with high-level contacts, such as board members and funders;
- Has experience managing complicated schedules, arranging all aspects of executive travel, organizing meetings and events, and dealing with vendors;
- Has excellent research skills and an ability to identify important information and to immediately distill large quantities of information down to the relevant major points;
- Has ability to problem solve and work independently;
- Has experience anticipating someone else's needs and acting accordingly;
- Has patience and ability to deal with any situation with calmness and professionalism.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and previous compensation.
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Special Assistant to the CEO” in the subject line.
Single Stop USA is an equal opportunity employer.