Posted on November 13, 2012
Regional Recruitment Manager
City Year - Regional Recruitment Manager
City Year was founded in 1988 on the belief that young people can change the world. The organization unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them the skills and opportunities to change the world. As tutors, mentors, and role models, these diverse young leaders make a difference in the lives of children, and transform schools and neighborhoods in 19 U.S. locations. City Year’s vision is that one day the most commonly asked question of a young person will be, “Where are you going to do your service year?”
City Year Service
City Year is focused on significantly reducing the high school dropout rate in each of our target cities. Through City Year’s Whole School Whole Child service model, City Year deploys diverse teams of full-time corps members in schools to help students stay on track – and get back on track – to graduate. Corps members serve in schools as tutors, mentors, role models and leaders of after-school programs. As near-peers, corps members are uniquely able to help improve student attendance, behavior and coursework – which research confirms are indicators of a student's likelihood of graduating from high school. This school-based service is at the heart of City Year’s approach to helping students and schools succeed.
As a member of the City Year West Coast Regional Recruitment team, the Regional Recruitment Manager will be responsible for recruiting young leaders from diverse backgrounds for a demanding year of full-time community service. The Regional Recruitment Manager is an integral part of the West Coast Regional Recruitment Team and is directly responsible for building and evaluating relationships with strategic organizations and generating applications from 17 to 24 year old candidates. Other responsibilities include supporting recruitment efforts across the West Coast region, assisting in the admissions process and participating in site-wide initiatives. The Regional Recruitment Manager will report directly to the Regional Director of Recruitment. The Regional Recruitment Manager position is based out of City Year Los Angeles.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with local organizations: identify, develop and maintain relationships with appropriate officials, faculty and staff members of Southern California area colleges, high schools, community-based organizations and faith-based organizations.
- Conduct outreach programs: develop, conduct, and evaluate effective outreach and presentations at identified organizations including meetings, career fairs, information sessions, panels, and classroom presentations. This may include some travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
- Conduct and present in-depth analysis of outreach efforts: gather information regarding outreach impact, present proposals for increasing effectiveness, and implement recommendations.
- Develop Recruitment Strategies: as a member of the recruitment team, participate in the development and implementation of the overall recruitment strategy for the West Coast Regional Recruitment Team.
- Participate in interview and selection process: work with the Regional Admissions Team to assist applicants through the on-line application process and conduct interviews with potential candidates.
- Meet and exceed recruitment goals: meet and exceed goals set for the number of applications generated and members successfully recruited to the corps.
- Support Registration Process: assist in preparing for and overseeing corps member onboarding process.
- Provide site support: partner with City Year Los Angeles through stakeholder engagement, event and service day participation and cross-departmental committees as needed to ensure site-wide goals are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; relationship management and presentation experience a plus.
- Aware of importance of outreach, relationships, and partnerships in advancing organizational mission and recognizes opportunities for collaboration.
- Able to link organizational mission to individual work, and supports development and implementation of departmental or program strategy.
- Holds self accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works with and supports others (doing and modeling) to mobilize and motivate and connects tasks to organizational mission to communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Recognizes and appreciates the diversity of talent and leadership styles on a team, develops diverse talent through performance plans, reviews and leadership opportunities and aids acquisition and retention of talent.
- Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner and listens and incorporates others views into work.
- Links problems & symptoms to identify issues, links decisions to potential consequences, knows when to seek guidance and gets diverse input for decisions.
- Thrives in diverse, youthful, high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- Commitment to community service, national service and/or the development of young people as leaders. Experience or familiarity with AmeriCorps a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Great benefits include healthcare, insurance, vacation, holidays, 401K, FSA, and more.
Qualified applicants should forward cover letter, resume and references to:
Subject: CY Regional Recruitment Manager
*Please include where you found this City Year posting